Accidentally deleted gallery app from an old Samsung Galaxy Core Prime

Tikolu

Jul 31, 2020
Visit site
While debloating the phone from ADB, I decided to remove the built in Samsung Gallery app. The phone has Google Photos, so I thought it wouldn't be a big deal. However, I realized that only the stock gallery app can set the wallpaper. I have tried numerous ways of getting the app installed again, but nothing so far has worked.

The app's package ID is com.sec.android.gallery3d, its version name is 3.0.1181647, and the version code is 1601181647.

I have searched everywhere online to get the APK, but I can't find any one with the same version. apkmirror.com seems to have one which is slightly newer, version 3.0.37, but when I try to install it, I get a [INSTALL_FAILED_VERSION_DOWNGRADE] error, even though it seems to be a newer version.

Is there anywhere I can get the apk for that specific version of the Samsung Gallery app?

If not, is there a way to set the wallpaper without the gallery app? I tried using the Google Wallpapers app, but it tries to redirect me to the gallery and gives me an "App not installed" message.

I know that a factory reset would solve this, but as this is not my phone, it isn't an option.

I'd really appreciate if someone could help, Thank you.

EDIT: I managed to find a solution.
First I extracted the apk with:
adb pull /system/priv-app/SecGallery2014ESS/SecGallery2014ESS.apk
And then I installed the pulled apk using the -r and -d options like so:
adb install -r -d SecGallery2014ESS.apk

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
cottoneyejoe