Accidentally deleted management icons

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Hi, on my wife's phone she deleted the battery usage shortcut on the home screen (you can see my home screen showing this) , I cannot work out how to add this icon again. I have looked in apps and widgets, it must be possible but I cannot see it! Thanks in advance and apologies for being stupid!

Posted via the Android Central App

Attachments

• 11283.jpg
    11283.jpg
    37.8 KB · Views: 64

RedOctobyr

Jun 7, 2015
Visit site
Heck, I didn't know you could even have those shortcuts to begin with :)

But I have free QuickShortcutMaker installed, so that I could run Access Lock (App Ops).

I just tried searching for "battery" in QuickShortcutMaker, found "Battery usage" within Settings, and was able to make a shortcut to it.

So I used it to create a Location shortcut, so I can enable/disable GPS more quickly. I'm glad you asked about this, I learned something, thanks!

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Heck, I didn't know you could even have those shortcuts to begin with :)

But I have free QuickShortcutMaker installed, so that I could run Access Lock (App Ops).

I just tried searching for "battery" in QuickShortcutMaker, found "Battery usage" within Settings, and was able to make a shortcut to it.

So I used it to create a Location shortcut, so I can enable/disable GPS more quickly. I'm glad you asked about this, I learned something, thanks!

For the OP, if they want to do this (an excellent suggestion!), here's a thread about using QuickShortcutMaker: http://forums.androidcentral.com/lg-g4/544464-app-ops-access-lock-works-g4.html

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
Thanks both, the weird bit is we didn't have that app yet our LG G4's came with these incons already on the home screen! These are Virgin Mobile phones.

sswitzer

Feb 18, 2013
Visit site
Thanks both, the weird bit is we didn't have that app yet our LG G4's came with these incons already on the home screen! These are Virgin Mobile phones.

Sounds like something the carrier installed; I don't remember seeing a battery status icon when I started up, but then, of course, the first thing I did was clean off as much carrier/lg stuff as I could and then moved on to Nova. But, then again, I understand the usefulness of things like that icon. Try out the short cut maker, and create some icons that particularly suit you.

rdt595

Sep 20, 2013
Visit site
You don't need an app. Just long press on the screen where you want the short cut.
Select "widgets"
Go to "settings shortcut"
Click on "battery usage"
Done.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Mrrikki

Aug 3, 2014
Visit site
You don't need an app. Just long press on the screen where you want the short cut.
Select "widgets"
Go to "settings shortcut"
Click on "battery usage"
Done.

Sent from my LG-H810 using Tapatalk

Dam I thought that was just a general settings widget lol, thanks.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
100RNR