Accubattery

vwite

Dec 26, 2016
Visit site
How many of you that are using this app are only charging their phones to 80% as per their recommendation?

I use the app but I always charge my spare battery to 100%, when I charge my phone overnight I charge to 100% as well. I've charged all my phones to 100% and discharged to 0% almost daily with no degradation problems. I don't keep the same phone for more than a year though. With the V20 I couldn't care less because of the genuine batteries available for $15-$20.

I would say don't stress about it unless you're going to keep the same battery for more than 4 years.

Not using it and why is 80 percent relevant?

They claim this:

"AccuBattery will show you how much battery wear each charging session is causing your battery. Research has shown that keeping your battery charged between 0% and 80% can make your battery's lifespan last 2x longer than when you use a full battery cycle from 0-100%. "

Jeremiah Bonds

Trusted Member
Aug 16, 2010
Visit site
I use the app but I always charge my spare battery to 100%, when I charge my phone overnight I charge to 100% as well. I've charged all my phones to 100% and discharged to 0% almost daily with no degradation problems. I don't keep the same phone for more than a year though. With the V20 I couldn't care less because of the genuine batteries available for $15-$20.

I would say don't stress about it unless you're going to keep the same battery for more than 4 years.

They claim this:

"AccuBattery will show you how much battery wear each charging session is causing your battery. Research has shown that keeping your battery charged between 0% and 80% can make your battery's lifespan last 2x longer than when you use a full battery cycle from 0-100%. "

Ya, I'm not stressing about it, and I love that you can replace the battery almost effortlessly, unlike other options.. But I was just wondering.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site

They claim this:

That's partly true. From what I've read at Battery University and from those in the RC hobby that have done a lot of testing with their Li-ion packs, they are happiest between 20-75%. If you go outside of that range, accelerated wear can occur. Charging to full isn't so bad if you intend to use it right away, but draining to zero repeatedly can be detrimental.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
That's partly true. From what I've read at Battery University and from those in the RC hobby that have done a lot of testing with their Li-ion packs, they are happiest between 20-75%. If you go outside of that range, accelerated wear can occur. Charging to full isn't so bad if you intend to use it right away, but draining to zero repeatedly can be detrimental.

Even of its all true its way to much effort for me to worry about it especially on a phone with a removable battery. I charge to 100 percent at least once per day and rarely go to zero but if I do do be it. I can always buy a new battery. Truthfully I did the same thing with sealed battery phones and I still have a Droid Maxx that's well over two years old that still works fine. I'm sure the variety is not what it was but it holds up pretty well.

Mooncatt

Ambassador
Feb 23, 2011
Visit site
Even of its all true its way to much effort for me to worry about it especially on a phone with a removable battery. I charge to 100 percent at least once per day and rarely go to zero but if I do do be it. I can always buy a new battery. Truthfully I did the same thing with sealed battery phones and I still have a Droid Maxx that's well over two years old that still works fine. I'm sure the variety is not what it was but it holds up pretty well.
No doubt. I do still baby my battery some more out of habit than anything. On my old Droid Bionic, I killed the battery by having it plugged in almost all the time and held it at a full charge. When I tried an M8 with sealed battery, I started taking better care of them and just kept up the practice.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts