Accuweather Widget Not Working after Android update says "Loading your weather"

Iconoclast19

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Approximately 10-14 days ago I ran the update for Android that T-mobile had deployed. After that, my widget for AccuWeather stopped working, it just said:

"Loading your weather...".

Another update just came out and it still wasn't working.

I did figure out how to get it fixed and wanted to post how to do it here for others who might run into this problem. You will have to set all of your settings again since this will revert everything to defaults like you just newly installed it.

Settings>Apps>AccuWeather>Storage>Clear Cache and Clear Data

Then open the app and agree and allow everything including allowing your location. Then add your location and change any other settings to how you had it before because they will all be back to defaults. Then you can add the widget again and it should be working.

I hope this helps anyone else running into this problem!

pizza_pablo

Mar 1, 2012
Visit site
Approximately 10-14 days ago I ran the update for Android that T-mobile had deployed. After that, my widget for AccuWeather stopped working, it just said:

"Loading your weather...".

Another update just came out and it still wasn't working.

I did figure out how to get it fixed and wanted to post how to do it here for others who might run into this problem. You will have to set all of your settings again since this will revert everything to defaults like you just newly installed it.

Settings>Apps>AccuWeather>Storage>Clear Cache and Clear Data

Then open the app and agree and allow everything including allowing your location. Then add your location and change any other settings to how you had it before because they will all be back to defaults. Then you can add the widget again and it should be working.

I hope this helps anyone else running into this problem!

Android update says "loading your weather"?

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I stopped using AccuWeather because the widget wouldn't reload after a system reboot. Clearing the app or system cache had no effect. Deleting and adding the widget did not work either.

Iconoclast19

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
Android update says "loading your weather"?

I didn't say the Android update said "Loading your weather". I said I ran the Android update and then after that the AccuWeather widget stopped working and just said "Loading your weather". I hoped the second Android update might fix it but it did not, there was still the same problem. Others have posted about this problem but there was no solution. The threads were told old to comment so I posted it here for anyone else who might need it.

Iconoclast19

Mar 4, 2017
Visit site
I stopped using AccuWeather because the widget wouldn't reload after a system reboot. Clearing the app or system cache had no effect. Deleting and adding the widget did not work either.

Uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes leaves data from the app on the phone from the previous install including corrupted files. Clearing the cache then clearing the data means you get to start the app truly fresh, no previous data lingering from a previous install.

Fit24

Trusted Member
Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
Uninstalling and reinstalling sometimes leaves data from the app on the phone from the previous install including corrupted files. Clearing the cache then clearing the data means you get to start the app truly fresh, no previous data lingering from a previous install.
As stated in my previous post I cleared the cache; I also cleared data and still got the same result from the app widget, "Loading your weather". I've moved on to another weather app. I haven't experienced any problems since.