Question Active App Running in BG

shirlysmith44

May 2, 2024
Visit site
Hello! How does one get rid of this constant notification of app running in background? I’m well aware that they are but do not need this alert on my phone all day long, thanks!!

Attachments

• IMG_6597.jpeg
    IMG_6597.jpeg
    45.4 KB · Views: 18

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Have you gone into the Settings >> Notification menu and set up what notifications you want to show up in your Status bar?

You can also change a lot of notification options by opening up the Settings >> Apps menu, individually select the app(s) in question, and then adjust the app's notifications.

Some apps also have their own options in their own Settings menu to adjust things like how often their notifications occur -- i.e. an email app might have a setting to show incoming emails every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.

There are often multiple ways to mess with displayed Notifications, maybe too many ways.

Reactions: methodman89

shirlysmith44

May 2, 2024
Visit site
Have you gone into the Settings >> Notification menu and set up what notifications you want to show up in your Status bar?

You can also change a lot of notification options by opening up the Settings >> Apps menu, individually select the app(s) in question, and then adjust the app's notifications.

Some apps also have their own options in their own Settings menu to adjust things like how often their notifications occur -- i.e. an email app might have a setting to show incoming emails every 5 minutes, 15 minutes, 30 minutes, etc.

There are often multiple ways to mess with displayed Notifications, maybe too many ways.
I’ve done this. I just don’t understand why it won’t go away ugh. Thank you 😊

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm pretty sure this was a new system feature that was introduced in one of the last version updates (can't remember which one). On my Pixel 7 Pro running Android 14, that shows up if I swipe down twice to get the full Quick Settings panel -- it's at the bottom right next to the system settings gear icon and the power options button.

I doubt you can get rid of it, but it might depend on the manufacturer. Which phone do you have?

shirlysmith44

May 2, 2024
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I'm pretty sure this was a new system feature that was introduced in one of the last version updates (can't remember which one). On my Pixel 7 Pro running Android 14, that shows up if I swipe down twice to get the full Quick Settings panel -- it's at the bottom right next to the system settings gear icon and the power options button.

I doubt you can get rid of it, but it might depend on the manufacturer. Which phone do you have?
Thank you, I have Samsung galaxy s23 ultra… it’s pretty annoying to have it on my display like that all day 😔 I’ve messed with settings but it’s still there

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I don't currently have my Galaxy A32 5G to fiddle with -- @mustang7757, are you aware of any way to get rid of this persistent notification on Samsung phones?
They should see which app the they permission like that, usual suspects are insurance apps to see how your driving but if OP doesn't know the faster way is to go to settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>reset app preferences this should undo any permissions they gave to the apps back to default

Reactions: Laura Knotek

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
They should see which app the they permission like that, usual suspects are insurance apps to see how your driving but if OP doesn't know the faster way is to go to settings>apps>3 dots upper right corner tap>reset app preferences this should undo any permissions they gave to the apps back to default
I don't believe it's a 3rd party app. It's the system -- like what I mentioned seeing on the Pixel 7 Pro, but modified for One UI 6.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
I'm pretty sure it's built into the system now. Resetting app preferences is worth a try, but it probably won't affect this.
Yes it tells you apps are actice but a permission was given to an app that im pretty sure , like I mentioned I've had the system tell me my GEICO insurance app was active because u get a better rate by them locating, gyro speed etc .

I'm pretty sure if you bring up your recent apps card it will tell you which apps

But I would try app preferences reset

Reactions: B. Diddy

shirlysmith44

May 2, 2024
Visit site
I don't believe it's a 3rd party app. It's the system -- like what I mentioned seeing on the Pixel 7 Pro, but modified for One UI 6.
So with update this is just how it is now? Not a way to remove this active in background persistent notification sucks.ive tried every single setting imaginable, I’ve also reset phone- still there. UGH.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
So with update this is just how it is now? Not a way to remove this active in background persistent notification sucks.ive tried every single setting imaginable, I’ve also reset phone- still there. UGH.
The system is telling you that you have apps that are running in background before you wouldn't get this notification it's very handy to know what's active all the time to do something about it can use more battery or u want privacy.

When u did a factory reset you restored and brought same settings to the app back

Try going to the apps in question and check it's permissions what's allowed all the time or try the app preferences reset

Example in my screenshot for GEICO insurance I can allow location all the time then it will always be in the background and system will let me know what actions to do .

18e36ebfc866a809bebb5f97e7460ba8.jpg

smvim

May 16, 2014
Visit site
Hello! How does one get rid of this constant notification of app running in background? I’m well aware that they are but do not need this alert on my phone all day long, thanks!!

OK, so I had to re-read the original posting and look closer at the image in the included screen capture pic. It's notable that the referred to 'constant notification...' do not appear to be related to what's typically with Android's Notifications bar, nor the Status bar.
It looks to be just a Android/Samsung popup message, "notifying" the user of something running in the background (something a lot of people want to know about to determine if there's a problem or just wasting battery power).
So there's no need to look into any the options in the Settings >> Notifications menus, nor go through the more involved project as flashing the firmware. This looks like a popup message by the installed Android/Samsung stock ROM, just a typical popup message 'notifying' the user of a potential problem or just expected background services.

I suggest you stop trying to make that popup message from showing, and instead focus more attending to what its content is displaying. Apparently there are three services running in the background. You should look into that to determine if those are just expected things (i.e your email app is periodically pinging the related email servers.), or there's some kind of problem.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Shiny_2084