ADAPTIVE BRIGHTNESS ISSUES????

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
I am having issues with adaptive brightness. When it is on in a dark room, I get a dark display. It just does not work very well.

I have reset it using the Display Health setting no change. I turn if Off and ON, no change.

So I installed an App Velis Auto Brightness 5.01 and it does not work with the Pixel 7. The app installs but it will not open. I can not find it in my apps list.

Can anyone offer any comments, help here. Thanks

Has anyone been able to use this Velis app.

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
After restarting the Pixel 7 Velis Auto Brightness seems to be working and is much better than Pixel 7 adaptive brightness, It actually works, I think.

Reactions: B. Diddy

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Glad that app works for you! How dark is the screen getting? For Adaptive Brightness, the screen is supposed to dim in a dark room, but I'm assuming you're seeing it get excessively dim.

When it gets that dim, have you tried adjusting the brightness to your liking, then seeing if Adaptive Brightness remembers that?

R1945

Jan 15, 2017
Visit site
Thanks, In a dark room the screen get's really dark. it does not very well. This app seems to work better. I think Google Pixel needs to look at this?

Joshua Luther1

Dec 9, 2013
Visit site
The problem I have with adaptive brightness is you can adjust it manually but after a short period of time, it reverts back to auto dimming. It's not very smart. I like to have mine stay above 50% even in dim rooms and it just isn't very adaptive or smart. I don't want to turn it completely off as it's annoying to have to manually adjust it all the time.

Reactions: Bkdodger1

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
The problem I have with adaptive brightness is you can adjust it manually but after a short period of time, it reverts back to auto dimming. It's not very smart. I like to have mine stay above 50% even in dim rooms and it just isn't very adaptive or smart. I don't want to turn it completely off as it's annoying to have to manually adjust it all the time.
I've always turned it off on all my Pixel phones it just doesn't work the way it's supposed... It dims way too low no matter what kind of training you give it..

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Interesting -- it's always worked well on my Pixels. I can compare to the Adaptive Brightness on my Galaxy A32 5G and Galaxy A7 lite, which both err on the side of being too dim, regardless of the ambient light.

Reactions: mutant777

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
steve1084