Adaptive Fast Charging Battery Pack (need one)

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Hey everyone,

I like the fast adaptive charging feature WAY more than Wireless charger.

As a result, I'm looking for a battery pack that is adaptive Fast Charging compatible. I found many that are not compatible even if they listed quick charging compatible and ended up returning them.

Does anyone know of a battery pack that is what I'm looking for? I have a GS6 Edge and would love to have the ASAP.

Thanks for the help

Posted via the Android Central App

linkiik121

Apr 26, 2014
Visit site
How about the Aukey 10000mAh Quick Charge 2.0 Battery Pack? I was thinking of getting it myself and really hoping the quick charge works.

Posted via Android Central App

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
If you're looking for something like a 10,000mAh pack that fully charges in 45 minutes, you're not going to find one. "Fast charge" means a 1C charge - IOW, about 90 minutes from dead-as-a-squashed-bug to full charge (assuming that the charger can supply enough current - about 5.5 Amps in this case), and fast charging goes to 100% - which it doesn't. Charge twice that fast and the battery won't last long. Charge at about 5C and make sure you turn the charger on remotely, because nothing in the room will survive - the battery will burst into flame (lithium burns at about 2,500 degrees F) if you're lucky and explode if you're not.

(And you should never let a lithium battery get below 40%. Since most quick charge algorithms stop at 50%, then go back to normal charge, "quick charge" is really an advertising point, not a faster way to charge batteries - you're saving about 5 minutes from 40% to 50%.)

Oh - adaptive fast charging is done by the CPU in the phone, so there's no way to do it with an external battery pack unless they put a little computer in it. (The Aukey charges the phone as if it were an adaptive quick charger, the pack itself charges normally. And it may or may not support the S6. But the same rules apply - if you recharge at 40%, you're only saving a few minutes. If you regularly drain the battery until it's almost dead - especially in a phone you have to being to a repair shop to replace the battery - you might as well burn your money.)

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
Thanks a ton. This is great info you provided. I had no idea about the bellow 40% problems it could cause.

Le0_Br4zUc4

Nov 4, 2010
Visit site
That one sounds good and based on the info I got here I'm more educated on how to keep my battery in good shape moving forward. Thanks guys

STEVESKI07

Mar 10, 2015
Visit site
Not sure how much of that stuff posted up above I believe or how much I believe matters in real life usage. Nobody knows for sure. I see people saying to never drop below 20 or above 80. Now this guy is saying never below 40. Just use your phone. You're only going to keep it for a couple years max anyways so just use it. If 2 years down the road you want to keep it then you can change the battery yourself using guides or you can pay someone to do it. I'd rather use my phone and not worry for 2 years and have it die rather than baby it for 3 when it will be irrelevant as far as technology goes.

As for the Aukey one posted above, I ordered that one and it should be here today or tomorrow. I'll try to remember to post back in this thread after I try it. I see no reason why it won't quick charge though. It is certified by Qualcomms standard and that standard works on the s6. I will be very shocked if it doesn't charge at the same speed as the Samsung charger that came with the phone.

fooferdoggie

Sep 6, 2015
Visit site
If I rember fast charge is cranking the voltage over the amps? The samsung charger is only 2 amps but I think 9v. I have the aukey too though never fully charged my phone with it. A fast charge with the battery at 15% takes about a hour.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G920A using Tapatalk

Sep 12, 2015
Visit site
If you're looking for something like a 10,000mAh pack that fully charges in 45 minutes, you're not going to find one. "Fast charge" means a 1C charge - IOW, about 90 minutes from dead-as-a-squashed-bug to full charge (assuming that the charger can supply enough current - about 5.5 Amps in this case), and fast charging goes to 100% - which it doesn't. Charge twice that fast and the battery won't last long. Charge at about 5C and make sure you turn the charger on remotely, because nothing in the room will survive - the battery will burst into flame (lithium burns at about 2,500 degrees F) if you're lucky and explode if you're not.

(And you should never let a lithium battery get below 40%. Since most quick charge algorithms stop at 50%, then go back to normal charge, "quick charge" is really an advertising point, not a faster way to charge batteries - you're saving about 5 minutes from 40% to 50%.)

Oh - adaptive fast charging is done by the CPU in the phone, so there's no way to do it with an external battery pack unless they put a little computer in it. (The Aukey charges the phone as if it were an adaptive quick charger, the pack itself charges normally. And it may or may not support the S6. But the same rules apply - if you recharge at 40%, you're only saving a few minutes. If you regularly drain the battery until it's almost dead - especially in a phone you have to being to a repair shop to replace the battery - you might as well burn your money.)
To clarify this for ppl as some will think to never drain their ohonebbelow 30-40%
When your battery drops to 0% on your phone the battery is now at 30-40%
What ever the manufacturers programmed it at.
If a battery where to drop below the 30% there no recicery. (Ifblucky possibly with atrickle charge)

I have lots of the Aukey products and they all work very well.

Sent from my SM-G925W8 using Tapatalk

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463