Add a Blank Scrren

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Does anyone know how to add a blank screen? Before Oreo, one could pinch in and see screens. Then add one. Haven't been able to figure this one out. My workaround: found a widget called "Blank". It's a 1x1 nothing. This is the only way I could accomplish this goal. I like to have a blank scrren to see what new wallpapers look like, and just because.

jhilker

Trusted Member
Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
I think if you try to add a widget or app, it'll show a potential new screen on the right side, that you can then move the widget/app over. Not sure you can have a blank screen, though.

I'm assuming you're using the stock launcher. If you want blank screens, there are numerous 3rd party launchers in the Play Store that do that for you (Nova, Action, etc.).

kgambino

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think if you try to add a widget or app, it'll show a potential new screen on the right side, that you can then move the widget/app over. Not sure you can have a blank screen, though.

I'm assuming you're using the stock launcher. If you want blank screens, there are numerous 3rd party launchers in the Play Store that do that for you (Nova, Action, etc.).
I use the stock launcher. In previous versions of Android, you could pinch to see screens and add one. I have learned to just get around the Oreo quirks; not happily, but I have learned.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rhiconnolly