Adding Microsoft Exchange account finally works

T Moore

Apr 24, 2019
Visit site
New Nokia 7.1, AndroidOne with Pie should get your email, contacts and calendar with outlook.com exchange account in the built in Gmail, calendar and contacts app and sync.
The built-in defaults if you add an exchange account gives you an imap account which does not sync all. This is a Hotmail account

With manual exchange account setup I tried changing the server with no success till the end. Can't even remember what it was at the start. I tried s.outlook.com, outlook.office365.com, m.outlook.com. Got email and calendar to work with one or two of these, the exchange account would be there but no sync.

Finally got all three, email, calendar and contacts to work on the built in apps with m.hotmail.com set as the server.
Yes, the exchange account was set to sync all needed.

DennisOS2

Oct 26, 2012
Visit site
I'm confused (nothing new). Do you have an Office 365 account? Corporate / company account? If so, why not use Outlook as your primary client and add Gmail and Hotmail to Outlook? Does your Outlook client communicate with a company Exchange Server?

gmoore114

Jun 18, 2019
Visit site
I am having account problems. I am the OP.
I do not have a 365 account, just a plain personal Hotmail account.
No android Outlook app. Using just the Hotmail account, setup with exchange, syncs my Hotmail calendar, my contacts and email. Those accounts sync to the native calendar, contacts and Gmail apps.
Native calendar is so bad I use the aCalendar app instead.
All sync if you use the correct server, in my case it is m.hotmail.com
With this setup I only have two primary accounts, Gmail and Hotmail plus the OneDrive account.

Get to the server settings on my phone, settings, accounts, tap the Hotmail account, account settings, tap the Hotmail account again. This page shows what to sync and at the bottom is incoming server settings. This page shows the account name and password, server name, port set at 443 and SSL/TLS security type.

Latest posts

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
justinedwards