Adding phone contact shortcut to home screen S9 Plus.

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

I can't seem to find the instructions to add a shortcode for some of my favorite contacts on to the home screen. Help.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I think you want the Contacts widget - Direct dial. (that's to call them from the homescreen - the Contact widget is to open the contact in Contacts).

hafcanadian A

Oct 22, 2019
Visit site
I think you want the Contacts widget - Direct dial. (that's to call them from the homescreen - the Contact widget is to open the contact in Contacts).
What Contacts Widget? That’s Direct Dial. It doesn’t shortcut to the contact’s information, it just immediately dials them. We may want to text them or just look up their address or other profile info. There was originally some way on a contact’s profile menu to add a shortcut to it on the Homescreen. Now we can’t find an “Add to Homescreen” option anymore.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
You're still talking about the S9+, right? When you go to the Widgets screen, under Contacts, there's no Contacts widget? Or are you saying that widget still doesn't take you to the contact's info?

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Open the Contacts app. Open the contact. Hit the 3 button menu at the upper right. There should be a "Add to homescreen" item. If there isn't, Samsung removed it - it's in the standard Android app.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
shadowbear