Advice on factory reset please, Samsung note 4 but running with s8 plus

Dacker9

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi
I am a novice and would appreciate some advice please
I have a Samsung note 4, but it is running as an s8 plus
it was problematic so I did a factory reset hoping that it would then restart as a note 4, but a Dr Ketan root failed message came up.
As far as I know, it is still running as an s8 plus.
phone settings
About Device
Device name galaxy note 4
Model number SM-G955F which I believe is s8 plus

The question I am asking is, how can I reset it to run as a Samsung note 4
Thank you
Kind regards, Dacker

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi welcome to AC!

I'm confused by what you said here ?

"I have a Samsung note 4, but it is running as an s8 plus"

How can this be ?

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Did you root the phone at some point and install a custom ROM? Or did you get this phone from someone else who rooted it?

Dacker9

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi and thanks for your replies
I bought this note 4 off someone else and they set it up as a s8 plus phone, but the phone has issues so I factory reset it, but it still seems to be running as a s8 plus. The phone is definitely a note 4 because I have had one before.
When I go into settings
About device
Model number shows SM-955F which is s8 plus
I want to reset it so it runs as a note 4 and not s8 plus. Thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi and thanks for your replies
I bought this note 4 off someone else and they set it up as a s8 plus phone, but the phone has issues so I factory reset it, but it still seems to be running as a s8 plus. The phone is definitely a note 4 because I have had one before.
When I go into settings
About device
Model number shows SM-955F which is s8 plus
I want to reset it so it runs as a note 4 and not s8 plus. Thanks
That's not possible , the s8 plus doesn't have a spen and Note 4 is much older phone then s8 plus.

Where did you buy if from ? They lied to you .

Dacker9

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Thank you
I bought the phone used off ebay, it was stated as a Samsung galaxy note 4 phone, which it is,
but in the phone settings, it states model number SM-G955F which is s8 plus
So the phone is a note 4 but operates like a s8 plus
The phone has some temperamental issues so I just want to factory reset it to operate as a normal note 4 phone, but after I factory reset it, it still remains to operate as an s8 plus phone so must have some sort of s8 plus root
I hope that makes sense because I am a novice, thank you

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Can you take a picture of the phone from a few different angles and post them here? It sounds like someone took a Note 4, rooted it, and installed some kind of custom ROM to make it look like an S8. Or maybe someone replaced the motherboard of a Note 4 with an S8 motherboard? That would seem pretty unlikely, though.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you
I bought the phone used off ebay, it was stated as a Samsung galaxy note 4 phone, which it is,
but in the phone settings, it states model number SM-G955F which is s8 plus
So the phone is a note 4 but operates like a s8 plus
The phone has some temperamental issues so I just want to factory reset it to operate as a normal note 4 phone, but after I factory reset it, it still remains to operate as an s8 plus phone so must have some sort of s8 plus root
I hope that makes sense because I am a novice, thank you
Which phone is yours out of these 2 picturerefurbished-original-samsung-galaxy-s8-plus.jpgdownload.jpg

Dacker9

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Thank you
I’ve got pics of the phone, but I don’t know how to upload them here sorry
From your pics, my phone is the one on the right with the pen, thank you

Dacker9

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Thank you for your replies
Yes it does seem that I have a Samsung note 4 phone with a custom ROM that relates to the s8 plus
I would leave the phone as it is, but the phone has some problem instability issues so I would like to just be able to factory reset it back to a normal note 4.
If anyone has any ideas how this can be done then that would be great although I am a novice at these things.
It is late here now in the UK so I will view any possible replies in the morning.
Thank you all very much for your kind help, best wishes to you all.

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Thank you for your replies
Yes it does seem that I have a Samsung note 4 phone with a custom ROM that relates to the s8 plus
I would leave the phone as it is, but the phone has some problem instability issues so I would like to just be able to factory reset it back to a normal note 4.
If anyone has any ideas how this can be done then that would be great although I am a novice at these things.
It is late here now in the UK so I will view any possible replies in the morning.
Thank you all very much for your kind help, best wishes to you all.
Best thing to do is flash the stock firmware with Odin tool , download from XDA Forums and try sammobile for the firmware if don't find at XDA

Dacker9

Jun 12, 2021
Visit site
Hi
I have tried to follow instructions, but I only got so far so I have decided, because I am somewhat of a novice that I will pay for the phone to be rectified or sell it as it is, with discription of faults.
I am very grateful for the kind help that you all gave me and felt I should give you this update, thanks

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Hi
I have tried to follow instructions, but I only got so far so I have decided, because I am somewhat of a novice that I will pay for the phone to be rectified or sell it as it is, with discription of faults.
I am very grateful for the kind help that you all gave me and felt I should give you this update, thanks
Ok Your welcome !