Advice with new phone?

westhamfan

Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Advice with new phone

My Samsung Galaxy S3 has recently died and so I need to get another phone, I was wondering what people would suggest for me ?

I liked the Samsung as it had a good screen, I thought it was a bit slow on screen updating, I liked the Android operating system, I use all the apps and I like to email, so being able to quickly, accurately & productively type is important. (The Blackberry keyboard was the best ever, but that's another story). Probably the phone size is as big as I need.

Have looked at Nexus, they are smart as everything is Google, but they are a bit pricey here in the UK. I've looked at Samsung Galaxy S5, it looks fine. I was not recommended a Samsung A3 by an owner, who said it regularly reboots.

Which phone would you all recommend ? Look forwards to hearing your suggestions!

hallux

Q&A Team
Jul 7, 2013
Visit site
Re: Advice with new phone

If cost is an issue, look at a Moto G. It should perform equivalent or better than the Galaxy S3 you're used to, isn't overly large (though still 5" or better) and is relatively inexpensive. Provided, of course, that you aren't horribly concerned about getting OS updates.

sydneycooper1979

Moderator Sergeant at Arms
Jan 17, 2012
Visit site
Advice with new phone

Is the Nexus 5X expensive in the UK as well? It's a reasonable size and a great phone. The Galaxy S5 is still a good phone. I loved it when I had it. Have you thought about an LG G4? The prices are generally pretty good and they are great phones. Also the the Moto X pure edition might be a good option for you.