Afraid of change?

broth6

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
I've had my Droid Pro for a little over 2 weeks now, and all the customization stuff I can do with it looks awesome. But I have become used to the general layout of the phone, and I'm comfortable with it. However I really am interested to explore what this thing can really do.

Every custom change I make (theme, launcher, etc.) I end up taking off my phone because it's not exactly like the stock theme, launcher, etc.

I need some encouragement, and maybe some tips from you all on how to break this bad habit haha.

Thanks all.

Jerry Hildenbrand

Space Cowboy
Staff member
Oct 11, 2009
Visit site
Sounds to me like you're using your DP just as intended -- in a way you're comfortable with and enjoy. There's no need to change the launcher or widgets just because every one else says you should ;)

broth6

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Sounds to me like you're using your DP just as intended -- in a way you're comfortable with and enjoy. There's no need to change the launcher or widgets just because every one else says you should ;)

I know but I want to change it SO BADLY. I've tried LauncherPro, the new Gingerbread launcher, the Windows 7 phone theme. Sheesh.

Thanks for the words of encouragement. What are some themes or launchers that are worth the buy?

ace_spades

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site

And that my friend is the beauty that is android...coming from a bb I got bored with phones...I needed something that made my phone feel like new whenever I wanted it to...people say root it...but I'm not 100 comfortable doing it with a Mac...(nor a pc for that matter) yet every week my phone has a new layout that is a complete 180 from before (thanks LPP) whatever you choose to do with your device is purely up to you... just have fun with it and use it how YOU want it...and Congratz on your dp...I hope one day Sprint gets a version...( I still have a bb fetish)

life is all about EVOlution

anon(19759)

Trusted Member
Apr 30, 2010
Visit site
Have you messed around with profiles yet? Certainly an easy way to changeup your device on the fly. So you get to keep the stock look and feel but create distinctly different arrangements of widgets, icons and whatever else, and swap as you wish. I also keep homescreen 7 blank so I can try new widgets when the mood strikes.

Reactions: broth6

broth6

Dec 9, 2010
Visit site
Have you messed around with profiles yet? Certainly an easy way to changeup your device on the fly. So you get to keep the stock look and feel but create distinctly different arrangements of widgets, icons and whatever else, and swap as you wish. I also keep homescreen 7 blank so I can try new widgets when the mood strikes.

Great advice! I'm doing this now

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itay85