After updated to 4.4, LED light does not work ??

zkk2314

Oct 9, 2013
Visit site
After updated to 4.4, LED light does not work when new message comes from whatsapp...
Notification LED is on.
Anyone has the same problem ?

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Does the LED work for native apps?

Just musing to myself: there is a change in the way Notifications work in Android 4.3+ (and the G2 went from 4.2.2 to 4.4.2). Anyone else encountering ANY notification issues with 3rd party apps after upgrading to Kitkat? (My carrier has not rolled out the update so I don't know). I use Light Flow to handle all notifications, and as it does support 4.4, I probably wouldn't be affected but perhaps some 3rd party apps haven't been upgraded yet (although I would think WhatsApp, which is actively being worked on, would).

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
Does it work for other 3rd party apps, other than WhatsApp?

Do you still get a notification icon in the notification bar for WhatsApp when a new message arrives?

HTRN65

Mar 26, 2014
Visit site
Have you checked the settings:
ALL Settings to 'Display' screen
swipe to bottom for 'Notification LED' is set 'ON'
hold on 'Notification LED' bar and open LED settings
Are all checked ?? is Missed LG Emails checked

Only as a suggestion, I am still a newbie at this phone..

evenevil

Jul 28, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I've just updated my LG-E975 from 4.1.2 to 4.4.2 and the LED works just for native apps now, even if the checkbox in the display options is flagged. There's another issue I can report: the time format is set to 12h every time I switch off/on (or restart) the smartphone, so I have to put it to 24h every time :(

sergioabreu

Nov 23, 2015
Visit site
Configs were changed.
I only got it to working setting all these things:
1- System configs > sound and notification: led notification ON
2- System configs > sound and notification > With blocked device: hide confidential ...
3- System configs > sound and notification > Apps notification > Whatsapp > NOT BLOCKED

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samyblaze