Alarm icon in Notification bar wont go away on Moto E

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Can try this

1. Pull down the notification bar on your phone, then open your Quick Settings menu. (Gear Icon)

2. Tap and hold on the Gear icon for about few seconds.

3. You'll then see a message that says System UI Tuner has been added to Settings.

4. Go to Settings>System>System UI Tuner>Status bar>Alarm>Toggle off. (Reboot the device)

JoyMJarrett

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
Can try this

1. Pull down the notification bar on your phone, then open your Quick Settings menu. (Gear Icon)

2. Tap and hold on the Gear icon for about few seconds.

3. You'll then see a message that says System UI Tuner has been added to Settings.

4. Go to Settings>System>System UI Tuner>Status bar>Alarm>Toggle off. (Reboot the device)

I do as you have suggested I swipe down hold the gear and it brings up when I release the Screenshot_20220618-011213.jpg so then I scroll down to settings open and this is what I see Screenshot_20220618-011142.jpg

JRB0816

Banned
Jul 24, 2022
Visit site
The ghost alarm is somehow tied to the storage in the visual voicemail app

I haven't found a solution and I have tried everything

Moto G Fast Boost Mobile

Alarm pops up with clock icon set for random time

Go into clock/alarm app and no alarm is set

Try everything to make it go away nothing works

Finally start clearing storage and cache on random apps

Until CLEARING THE STORAGE OF THE VOICEMAIL APP is the only thing that makes it go away at all

But then immediately if I open the voicemail app, anyone texts me, or I use wifi, or literally any reason the phone decides to trigger "visual voicemail" installer, the ghost alarm comes right back.

I have tried disabling the voicemail app, uninstalling updates, removing every permission, preventing it from modifying system settings, and nothing works.

OP,

I would suggest going into your voicemail app settings and seeing if you can find a toggle that prevents auto updates, then uninstall updates.

That's my current attempt to alleviate the problem, attempt number 4,793

I think it might actually work this time

But the voicemail app won't