Alarm icon in Notification bar wont go away on Moto E

JoyMJarrett

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
I have restarted my phone multiple times even stopped ALL apps and deleted all alarms but its still showing up I even undid updates on the clock app and nothing is there any other suggestions as its just more of annoyance than function but would be nice to have it as it was and NO I can not hold our touch the notification bar and get anything to show up its all swipe activated as well so very lost here. TIA
I noticed it at least 3 days ago might be longer.
Yes I have cleared cache on ALL my apps even forced stopped ALL my apps, removed ALL unused apps and done other clean up activities on my phone
Yes it is still there in safe mode.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20220612-215221.jpg
    Screenshot_20220612-215221.jpg
    189.4 KB · Views: 5
  • Screenshot_20220613-163649.jpg
    Screenshot_20220613-163649.jpg
    148.2 KB · Views: 5

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Reset the alarm app by clearing Data then force stop it , clearing cache won't help much in this situation

Javier P

Ambassador
Feb 21, 2014
Visit site
Welcome to the forums. We get this kind of question quite regularly and it's not very easy to find out which app is the culprit. Calendars, Notes, health, prayer, VPN, music player, widgets, Tasker, even Dunkin Donuts app ended up being the origin of that alarm icon. Yes, I know, that's not much help for you. The only way to find it is going app by app and checking their own settings.

Since you said that the problem started a few days ago go to the Play Store and see which apps were updated recently, just in case you can find some clue there.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Doing a search I've seen people mention alarms set in certain apps can cause it. Someone said it was from an alarm on Pandora app even. Your best bet is to go to your apps list and force stop each one until the icon disappears. Then when you find the app, look through it's settings.

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
Also, if you have it, try using the search bar in settings and search for alarm. It should bring up every setting related to alarms.

JoyMJarrett

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
NO I have deleted all alarms

I have done both of these things I mean I never seen an actual "clear cache" but I have cleared all data and memory I have even reset all apps and its still there

I will check on recent updates and I know of all 3 apps Alarm.com for our security but do not recall seeing it when I got it for 2 days before I installed Dutch Bros and Starbucks that is the only apps I have recently DL and installed on my phone

I have forced stopped all apps and even reset apps and I do NOT have pandora

I have done this as well and nothing comes up

Last edited by a moderator:

JoyMJarrett

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
OK checked and it says 9 updates and alarm is NOT one of them but I go to recent and 2 days ago the Alarm was updated and it said
*new design and animations
*app colors match your device wallpaper & style
*bug fixes
I will uninstall update and restart phone and see if that solves the issue

I did the update uninstall and its still there

Mr Bojangles1

Oct 29, 2019
Visit site
It's going to be an app you probably can't uninstall because it's still there in safe mode so it's a pre-installed app. Try to force close Google assistant, Gmail, calendar, and clock and any others that have the ability to set reminders, set schedules, or alarms. Go through system apps too

JoyMJarrett

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
I do not understand 3rd party launcher is I am not aware that I have one of any kind

I have already done the force stop on all apps via the system and apps again every app I have forced stopped and still not resolved I can go thru them again if that is what you are asking

JoyMJarrett

Jun 16, 2022
Visit site
How did you get your apps into that shape ?

Again not understanding if you are asking the order of my apps I dragged them into that order they did not just land there if that is what you are talking about....I do not have apps that I do not use unless they are part of the operating system and I am unable to remove them

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Again not understanding if you are asking the order of my apps I dragged them into that order they did not just land there if that is what you are talking about....I do not have apps that I do not use unless they are part of the operating system and I am unable to remove them

What I'm trying to say is your phone isn't 100% stock you have a theme for your app icons so what else have you altered?

Last edited: