Alarm malfunction

claud rapoza

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
Has this happened to anyone. My alarm is snoozing by itself. This is a huge problem, i was 1 hour late to work cause of this.

Posted via Android Central App

Indoler

Banned
Jul 13, 2014
Visit site
Has this happened to anyone. My alarm is snoozing by itself.

I doubt it. You probably hit the snooze button yourself, turned around and continued sleeping. And you can't remember hitting the snooze button.
Happens to many people. To me too.
Solution: change the alarm tone, set a second alarm with a different alarm signal, and don't turn around and go to sleep again.

claud rapoza

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I would take your reply serious if i didnt just run many many tests right now, and its goin straight to snooze

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I believe that it is "OK Google" (Google Now) causing the issue. If you are using OK Google, please temporarily disable it and re-test your alarm to see if it still auto-snoozes. If you aren't using OK Google, then [in the voice of Gilda Radner], never mind!

claud rapoza

Jun 9, 2014
Visit site
I believe that it is "OK Google" (Google Now) causing the issue. If you are using OK Google, please temporarily disable it and re-test your alarm to see if it still auto-snoozes. If you aren't using OK Google, then [in the voice of Gilda Radner], never mind!

Yes that seems like what my problem was, whata serious bug. I have no idea how you would figure that out. I think its specifically the option to allow "ok google" to work from any screen, that caused the problem. Thats a shame cause i really wanted to leave that on.

zman_11

Feb 6, 2014
Visit site
Yes, I had the same problem with OK Google. I had to turn it off on when it was locked. Using it normally after bringing it up by sliding up the home key doesn't cause any problems.

Klotar

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
While many may NOT agree with me, one work around is to use a 3rd party Alarm app. I use Alarm Clock Plus from the app store; there is a free ad-supported version and a paid version. It has a few more features than the stock G2/Android alarm app so I'm happy. And OK Google does not affect Alarm Clock Plus.

One feature of AP+ over stock can be a lifesaver. On the stock alarm app (I haven't specifically tested this with 4.4), if you move or rename your alarm sound file, when the alarm goes off, it plays nothing (since the file specified does not exist). With AP+, if the same thing happens, it has an internal fallback alarm tone that will go off if the specified file does not exist. Not the biggest feature on the block but important to me.