Alarm sound settings

• Thread starter Android Central Question
  • Start date
A

Android Central Question

My 1.5 year old Lenovo m8 tablet recently decided to disregard my choice of alarm sound, and give me the rooster alarm sound regardless of what I choose. Please advise. Thank you.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Are you certain this is the stock Clock app? Could it be from some other alarm app that you might have installed?

Is the rooster alarm tone one of the preinstalled tones that came with the tablet?

dj54321

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
I'm the original poster. I'm not using custom tones. I'm not sure what a "file manager" is. If it's an app, then I don't have one. Also, I haven't installed any other Clock apps.

Yes, I'm using the stock Clock app. The rooster alarm is one of the pre-installed tones.

When I click on other pre-installed tones, the checkmark "takes" and the correct sound is previewed/sampled, but the rooster sound still broadcasts in the morning.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Go to Settings>Apps, select Clock, then Storage, and Clear Cache/Clear Data, then Force Stop. Now open the Clock app again and set up your alarm. Does it still default to the rooster?

dj54321

Nov 14, 2017
Visit site
Yes, I'm using a VPN as you can tell from my screenshot.

Ok, I went to settings/apps, selected Clock and then storage. I then cleared both cache and storage. There wasn't an option to clear data (probably the same as storage). Wasn't an option for Force Stop either.

Then I clicked on the alarm icon and went to alarm settings and chose neon again. It actually showed rooster as the default alarm sound.

Anyway, I set the alarm for midnight -- i.e., 3 minutes ago, and it worked properly (neon was broadcasted). Case solved/closed.

Thanks for your help.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tivativa