Already exchanged..

I Monarch

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
It may be a problem with my outlet, but this morning when I pulled the phone off the charger, I unplugged it and the screen was unresponsive. I had to pull the battery out just to get back into the phone.

pantlesspenguin

Oct 24, 2010
Visit site
I am definitely going into T mobile to get a NEW replacement. Dont let t mobile do that whole "we will get it fixed" bull****. Tell them you have had this issue multiple times and you need a NEW phone. To bad they are closed today or they would be replacing mine. Gonna have to wait till tomorrow though :(.

Everyone is still within their 14 (or 30) day return period. If you're having problems you can exchange or return the phone, no questions asked.

wpbfjr

Feb 10, 2011
Visit site
posted this elsewhere, but applies here, too:

very sad to see "exchange it" being suggested for a new phone. i very much wanted this phone.

i had the atrix, it has tons of issues, and tons of "exchange it" suggestions. after reading the complaint threads as they have evolved, i felt the issue is a rushed to market phone with poor quality control of components.

i hope this lg does not become another phone with hardware issues that will never be fixed with software workarounds.

i'll keep watching and reading to see how this evolves, as i'm hoping for the best.

computergeek1337

Apr 24, 2011
Visit site
happened again

I charge my phone FULLY half way through the day yesterday. Used it less than the average person I would say. Went to bed with the battery at 30% (which means it used 70% in less than 10 hours of less than average use), then woke up with the phone completely dead. So I have had the phone plug in to charge for about 45 min, and it just shut itself off on me again *sigh* ill be going into t mobile today

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Mine seems to have gotten more stable over time. I haven't had the need to pull the battery since Saturday evening. I think the battery life has improved a bit as well, though it isn't great.

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
i got an exchange and mine is fine. i did have to charge it on saturday night before i went out, but that's only cause i'd been using my GPS pretty much all day...

sorry everyone is having such issues :(

Tacoman667

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
i got an exchange and mine is fine. i did have to charge it on saturday night before i went out, but that's only cause i'd been using my GPS pretty much all day...

sorry everyone is having such issues :(

After your exchange, how was battery life? Reception? I never hit 3G, I always flip 4G to 2G to no reception in areas that I should be getting at minimum 3G.

I am waiting for my exchange now because last night it started endlessly rebooting and now I can't turn it on without the rebooting issue.

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
After your exchange, how was battery life? Reception? I never hit 3G, I always flip 4G to 2G to no reception in areas that I should be getting at minimum 3G.

I am waiting for my exchange now because last night it started endlessly rebooting and now I can't turn it on without the rebooting issue.

Do they ever report 3G? I had the impression that as far as notifications go, anything above EDGE is reported as 4G.

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
i never get 3G. I never did with my MT4G either...i think it just bundles 3 and 4G.

and my battery life isn't bad really. considering i use GPS every time I leave my apt. :p

I did have to charge it a bit before going out last weekend but that's cause i'd already been using it all day.

i've stopped comparing the battery to my Blackberry battery cause this phone does SO much more and obviously has a bigger, better screen.

BUT I will say it's been better than my last android device (MY4G)

anon62607

Sep 23, 2010
Visit site
i never get 3G. I never did with my MT4G either...i think it just bundles 3 and 4G.

and my battery life isn't bad really. considering i use GPS every time I leave my apt. :p

I did have to charge it a bit before going out last weekend but that's cause i'd already been using it all day.

i've stopped comparing the battery to my Blackberry battery cause this phone does SO much more and obviously has a bigger, better screen.

BUT I will say it's been better than my last android device (MY4G)

I asked via Twitter, T-Mobile says there is a separate 3G indication, presumably for UMTS, HSDPA+HSUPA

Sent from my ADR6400L using Tapatalk

olliegrl

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
eh... /shrug...i'm not that super worried about what kind of signal i'm getting...just as long as i get one and it's decent.

Wishbon7

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
i have gone back and forth. i love the gx2 but i love!!!!!!! my nexus s. kind of makes me sick in a way to let it go. but i just dont need 2 phones.... Right? ugh

Wishbon7

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
ok i dont think i can get rid of it. i love it ..... i do..... so i will have a nexus one , nexus s, and a g2x. thats not bad is it ...... hahhahaaaa

rcobourn

Apr 18, 2011
Visit site
Gave up on mine and exchanged it last night. No crashes in 20 hours with the new one, fully loaded with apps. Looking good. Would say battery life is better too. Reception seems about the same.