Alternative to the Original Weather Widget for Third Party Launchers

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I downloaded the latest version from Aatif from the thread on XDA forums of this widget based on Xwidget, and then edited it a little because the alignment on some text fields weren't right and some words were cutted, so here it's the results.

**Update** I just did some editing to Aatif Lite version so we can have the leading 0 removed, now it indeed looks like the original widget.

So, if some of you with any third party launcher instead of Touch Wiz, would like to give it a try, just download Xwidgets from the Play Store, then download this zip file from here, and then uncompress the folder into your Xwidget\Widgets folder and then open Xwidget and in the Local option click on the 3 dots at the top right corner and do a Refresh list, you should have it in your list now, then just add the widget to your home page and once you have the widget just click on the line that says Updated and it will show you the options so you can customize your settings.

**ALL CREDITS TO Aatif from XDA Forums, I just edited 2 or 3 lines to calm my OCD**

It looked like this with leading 0's.

Screenshot_2015-05-17-09-27-40.png

And now it looks like this.

Screenshot_2015-05-18-11-04-55.png

Last edited:

droidguy1964

Banned
Jan 22, 2015
Visit site
I downloaded the latest version from Aatif from the thread on XDA forums of this widget based on Xwidget, and then edited it a little because the alignment on some text fields weren't right and some words were cutted, so here it's the results.

**Update** I just did some editing to Aatif Lite version so we can have the leading 0 removed, now it indeed looks like the original widget.

So, if some of you with any third party launcher instead of Touch Wiz, would like to give it a try, just download Xwidgets from the Play Store, then download this zip file from here, and then uncompress the folder into your Xwidget\Widgets folder and then open Xwidget and in the Local option click on the 3 dots at the top right corner and do a Refresh list, you should have it in your list now, then just add the widget to your home page and once you have the widget just click on the line that says Updated and it will show you the options so you can customize your settings.

**ALL CREDITS TO Aatif from XDA Forums, I just edited 2 or 3 lines to calm my OCD**

View attachment 176882

View attachment 176949

Very nice.

Posted via the Android Central App

racedog

Feb 3, 2011
Visit site
Strange, added to the widgets folder, u zipped and it show in the local area but cannot add. Under the widgets it doesn't show up.

KnappyRootz

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
I like the widget 'transparent clock and weather' from the play store because you can set shortcuts if you click on the minutes (I have accuweather) hours (alarm) and date (calendar). Does anyone know of anything similar that they like even better?

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Strange, added to the widgets folder, u zipped and it show in the local area but cannot add. Under the widgets it doesn't show up.

So you unzipped the file and put it in the Widgets folder and then when you open Xwidgets if you click Refresh list it appears but then you can't use it in the Widget? If so, try clearing cache and data from Xwidgets app and redo this to see if it works, if it doesn't then do everything and when you see the widget on the app click edit, and when it opens to edit, go to the app menu and click on Package, it should create a packaged widget, sometimes by doing this it just forces the app or the widgets to work.

What I'm telling you here is by experience I've had, I'm not by any chance an Xwidgets expert, so sorry if none of this works, if has worked for others.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

View attachment 176882

View attachment 176949
Great job. Update time is in a different format from the time in the left hand side.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
Does this replacement have shortcuts you can setup too?

As it is, when you click on most of the widget, it will bring the widget menu, if you click on the weather info it is set to open the weather forecast and if you click on the update icon it will update the weather information.

When you click on settings and about there is an option that says a click Event, in there you can set to open any app, so you could set it to whatever you want, it can be customized a lot more than that, but you will need to do it on X widgets directly, and you will need to learn how to do it.

warpdrive

Jul 13, 2011
Visit site
Subscribed

Still not using Nova yet as I do like the latest Touchwiz. But when I do, I'm going to be using this. Thx for doing this.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
It looks like the zip is gone

The original zip is gone as I've been modifying it, but the link in the OP is the updated one and I just checked and it's still working, did you try the link in the first post?

anon(482205)

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I don't use a third-party launcher, but I did replace the stock calendar / weather widget.

ZHVWLzd.jpg

I'm using two applications that I purchased a few years ago. The clock widget is from the "Beautiful Widgets" application and the weather widget comes from "Weather Bug Elite." I like being able to dictate what applications get loaded by clicking on each widget.

erasat

May 12, 2013
Visit site
I just uploaded the latest and final version I'll do. I updated the OP to have the new one and it's available from here also.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
be1digital