Always on display responsiveness

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
How are you all finding the responsiveness of the AOD when the screen has been off, e.g. taking the phone out of the pocket?

It feels like it takes about 2 seconds to display, and if I just want to catch a glimpse of the time, I've got to keep the phone peeking out of my pocket for too long. It's not instant like an iPhone. Is that the case with you all?

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
If you turn that off, does the aod initialize quicker?

It may be a little quicker actually, but it also may be a placebo effect. I'm going to monitor it as the day progresses.

Was this something that helped you? Or do you not experience any delay at all? But whatever the case thank you for the suggestion.

krisqz

May 7, 2013
Visit site
Try safe mode. I can't think of anything other than an app affecting its launch.

I think he means that proximity sensor doesn't respond immediately when pulling the phone out of the pocket. I've had this delay few times. Usually restart fixes it for me for a long while.

Feb 1, 2014
Visit site
I think he means that proximity sensor doesn't respond immediately when pulling the phone out of the pocket. I've had this delay few times. Usually restart fixes it for me for a long while.

Yes exactly. I did try safe mode as well and I'm not sure if it made much difference. But I guess I'm not the only one experiencing this. I wish Samsung could improve this.

And buying a watch would make too much sense. :p

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
offline050