Am I alone thinking that the LG G6 doesn't get enough coverage?

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
.... The average user will never come near using 32gb of storage as proven by those models being the most popular of a series with larger options. Phones are sold to an average user audience and explains why LG felt 32gb was acceptable, and to most it is.....
Sales numbers alone don't prove that users will never come near usining 32GBs of storage because we don't know what the number of users who end up exceeding 32GBs is after the point of sale. There was a time when 8GB was enough, than 16GB was enough and so on and so on..... Storage usage is a moving target and it always goes up over time and not down. We are after all consumers and we learn to consume. The average consumer will buy the base model for one or more reasons and in some cases for all of the wrong reasons.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Sales numbers alone don't prove that users will never come near usining 32GBs of storage because we don't know what the number of users who end up exceeding 32GBs is after the point of sale. There was a time when 8GB was enough, than 16GB was enough and so on and so on..... Storage usage is a moving target and it always goes up over time and not down. We are after all consumers and we learn to consume. The average consumer will buy the base model for one or more reasons and in some cases for all of the wrong reasons.

These OEMs have data on how much data their users are storing on their devices. They know how many are using SD cards.

32GB is still enough in 2017.

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I swapped an S8 out for a G6 and geot money back... the camera is very good but nothing special, its thin slim profile make it hard and slippery to hold... theres nothing to grip on the S8.. Its very fragile and for me, I know Bixby is new.. but I just couldnt find a use for it over Google Assistant.

I did struggle with buying the G6 in UK (nearly bought a Huawei P10 plus).. we get no DAC / No wireless / only 32GB model... I think LG must dislike the UK.. we dont even get the V10 / 20 and probably not the 30.

I think there is a bias towards the S8 in stores and on TV/Media adverts, not on here... The G6 stamps over the S8 camera, its wide angle is stunning, better OS and UI.. and to me, the platinum G6 looks Gorgeous over the Orchard S8.. already ben asked what phone it is..

The thing is.. 80% of the buying public ill just buy what theyre used to Samsungs or iPhones and they are the 16 MPx is better than 12Mpx because 16 is a bigger number so it must be better..

Im really losing interest now in phones and specs, because devices are getting so good.. cameras, battery, UI, speakers, waterproofing, wireless.. theyre all pretty much the same, they just look different..

I just enjoy my device now.. because, theres just too much media being shoved down our throats telling us what to buy and what we have got now isnt good enough, (thats everything btw.. not just phones) .... that its pointless following anything... its all just an onslaught to the senses .. and Im just kinda sick of it tbh :)

And this is why I always do my homework and research anything I am purchasing,

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
These OEMs have data on how much data their users are storing on their devices. They know how many are using SD cards.

32GB is still enough in 2017.

I didn't say OEMs don't know how much data storage is being used. I said we don't know.
32GB is still enough for some people just as 16GB is enough for others. Soon you will see everyone using 64GB as base. Memory is cheap enough these days that it isn't even worthy of debate. To each his own and I wouldn't buy anything with less 64GB. My personal usage proves that 32 is not enough for me.

Last edited:

cthunder

May 2, 2011
Visit site
I'm not sure there's a better value on the market right now. For the features this phone offers it's pretty hard to beat, especially at $500. The flat display and wide angle lens set it apart from the other flagships.

Even better when you got it at Best Buy for $288 +$58 in taxes. I absolutely love this phone.

Mike Dee

Ambassador
May 14, 2014
Visit site
So you're saying that Best Buy has the best buy...?

Sorry..I had to.
Best Buy squared
117e1c38a2c94ae63ffa6df7d034fda6.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danilechadwick