Am I having problems getting online with Android 7

RoslynL

Feb 18, 2017
Visit site
Since installing Android 7 update a few days ago to my Galaxy S7 Edge I have been unable to use mobile data anywhere or to use public wifi. When trying to use public wifi in supermarkets for example I get a message from Google saying it's unsecure yet previously I was able to use the same networks with no problems. I'm not given any choice, I simply can't get any further than the security message. I don't and never will use Android pay so I don't see the need for tightened security, And I don't appreciate being dictated to by Google.

My mobile plan has not changed at all so I'm puzzled as to why I can't get mobile data anywhere even when I know there's a good signal

Tim1954

Q&A Team
Jan 17, 2016
Visit site
Hi Roslyn, welcome to the forums!
The public WiFi issue is a safety one, that's the best way to get your phone hacked! I don't know Nougat, so I'm not sure if you can override this.
Re the mobile data concern, your data setting may need a tweak, call the network provider (on another phone) and they can go thorough the settings with you. Good luck, let us know how you go... 🙃

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Also try wiping the cache partition, which can sometimes help with various issues after a major system update: https://support.t-mobile.com/docs/DOC-28028

Sometimes, that security message comes up if you haven't logged into the wi-fi network's welcome page. It's supposed to come up automatically as a separate window (called a Captive Portal Login), but sometimes it doesn't. You can sometimes force that welcome page to show up by typing in some common URL, like nytimes.com.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfrostpierce