Am I the only one holding out for more memory?

KenDavidson

Nov 7, 2012
Visit site
If you'd bought Horn and Dark Knight Rises on the Play store during the 25? sale like I did, you'd have a different story, me thinks. Not that I disagree with you

That is the only time I have had an issue with my N7, I travel a lot for work and don't always have net access when flying. It would be nice to have the abilty to store larger size movies on the HDD when flying for play back. This has only been an issue a few times with me and there are ways to connect storage devices with the mini usb which is what I had to resort to in those instances.

That's Google's end goal here, to break the American carrier's restrictive business model. Google's entire business plan is based on universal unlimited access to data.

I am in full agreement that this is one of Google's ultimate goals and with ventures like Google Fiber we see this coming to fruition. I only wish we had an offering like that here where I live. The more time we spend online, regardless of the device type or brand, the more we use Google Apps, the faster our online experience the more money Google makes. I for one love their business model and support it fully. I only wish more American companies would realize and emulate this.

evperry

Dec 17, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I think your the only one.

Why not just buy a different Android phone root it, install a custom ROM and make sure the phone fits your needs?

Personally I could manage just fine with a 4GB version for $249. They should in the future probably make a 8gb for the cheap people like me and then a 32gb for the people who need the storage. This is a work in progress so it would be prudent to expect some refresh of this phone end of 1st quarter next year.

Chex313

Oct 7, 2011
Visit site
I didn't think I could get by with 16GB but I have.(GN) its a Pita and I would prefer not to deal with the limitation but given the choice , between pure Nexus and storage...Nexus wins out...and all the other missing items I wish it had, LTE, removable battery, the pure Nexus still wins out.

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
So just an update. After reading many reviews, looking up specs, comparing to the iPhone, and playing with an N4 for an hour in the TMobile store today, I'm definitely going to buy this device! It's so snappy and smooth. Everything looked really good on the display. I tried slowing down the phone but it just kept flying along. I'm buying one...as soon as they're available :(. The t-mobile store in the financial district of NYC only received 5 phones total. They sold out immediately. Although, I'm going to buy from the play store, cheaper.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I owned the Nexus One back in the day, loved it for a long time. Then jumped ship to apple and got an iPhone 4, then an iPhone 4s. But now I am beyond bored with the never updating iOS and the horrible direction apple is heading in with their mobile market. Anyway, I would LOVE an N4, get back to my Android and Google roots, but I can not rationalize buying a 16gb phone with no expandable memory. I take a lot of pictures and use spotify extensively. Between those two I take up over 30GBs on my iPhone. The memory is a real deal breaker for me.

All this hype of the sell out is tempting but I need to hold off.

When do you think Google will make a 32gb/64gb N4? Am I the only one holding out here?

Im holding out. Im going to wait to see if a 32GB version is going to come out. If not, ill get the 16GB and manage but im not going to get one til then.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
I'd take a Nexus 4 of any size at this point.

LOL...well its not that important to me. I want one but no way im going to get a 8GB version. I can wait.. and ill probably wait close to Xmas to see if anything else(32GB version) is coming from this phone. If not, ill get one at that point.

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
A. Because everyone is going to say they want 128GB.
B. Does Google appear to be hurting for sales of this unit? Sounds like they UNDERESTIMATED demand, not the other way.

I doubt they were counting on those who ordered 40 or so of them only to put them on Ebay to make a profit. Maybe those who did that knew Google wouldnt have enough available and knew they could get more money for them that way. Google should put a limit on them of at least 5 so others can get it.

thechemE#CB

Oct 6, 2010
Visit site
its a push to make you move towards google's cloud services. Run out of space for photos use google+. Run out of space for music? upload your music to play music. Run out of storage, get google drive..

Rayzaa

Jul 23, 2012
Visit site
its a push to make you move towards google's cloud services. Run out of space for photos use google+. Run out of space for music? upload your music to play music. Run out of storage, get google drive..

All use data...and Google drive..... it is confusing and i dont really get it. Could be easier to use, but maybe its just me.

Exergy

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
On day to day use, it's really easy to find wifi's. I consciously do most of my updating and downloading at home with my WIFI.

yfan

Nov 28, 2009
Visit site
All use data...and Google drive..... it is confusing and i dont really get it. Could be easier to use, but maybe its just me.
The data point is valid, but keep in mind that there is a small but noticeable pull towards unlimited data now. T-mobile just started to offer unlimited data again, though it's on contract plans. But even on those contract plans, you can bring your own phone and get a discount on your bill (the "value" plans). Even their incredibly good budget $30, 5GB plan really is a LOT of data. Some MVNOs are pretty good about unlimited data plans as well. Among cloud services, music streaming is probably the most data-consuming activity, and that's around 24-30 MB per hour. I wouldn't worry about data too much, unless your plan is really skimpy.

ChromeJob

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
... Run out of space for music? upload your music to play music...

Well, they're letting me upload up to 20,000 tracks in Play Music, so the enticement is significant. :sly:

...and Google drive..... it is confusing and i dont really get it. Could be easier to use, but maybe its just me.
I don't understand what can be confusing about it. Pretty simple interface and functions to me, and I'm a new user.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
FABETTTTT