Am I the only one not liking OneUI?

KHeath

Aug 15, 2023
Visit site
Have always been a strong Samsung supporter. But I think I may be rethinking that. I just switched from an A12 (purchased when broke) to an S23+. Since I have not been on here for a very long time I did not know anything about OneUI. I had so much customization options on the A12 and now I feel as though I hardly have any. Samsung always used to be the top competitor to the iPhone because they were so darn good and different. But now I am feeling as though they are going the way of Apple and pretty much controlling what I can and cannot do. I will keep the s23+ until it gets old. At that point I'm just not too sure what I will do. I just need to know if I am the only one that can't stand OneUI.

Bkdodger1

Jun 27, 2019
Visit site
Yep I could customized anything and everything. Different sounds for different people texting me, different colors. etc.
Gotcha I'm not currently running with a Samsung phone but you will see plenty of customization with Good Lock ..then some phone settings you have to dig deeper to adjust ..there's also #hex which is another way additional...etc

jamezr

Trusted Member
Sep 5, 2011
Visit site
One Ui is best thing Samsung has come up with on their software , I've been through the beginning with Samsung and their software from past has matured.
Could not agree more! The reason they have removed a lot of the customization is to make their Android skin more standard. This allows them the ability to speed up the update and patching schedules. They added that customization back in Good Lock

joeldf

Dec 19, 2011
Visit site
While my first Samsung was the S8, just as they transitioned to One UI, I was "tech support" for my oldest son's early phones, an S2 and S4 - both with the old TouchWiz interface. It has certainly come a long way.

But, while I do appreciate the customizations included with Good Lock, some things still need more. I don't like the default orange-red notification dot with the real small (for my mid-50s eyes) numbers that can't be changed. And I don't like the uniform "squircle" frame around every icon. I actually prefer a bit of randomness - some with a background, some without.

That's why I have Nova Launcher.

al3azim

Jun 17, 2011
Visit site
And I don't like the uniform "squircle" frame around every icon. I actually prefer a bit of randomness - some with a background, some without.

That's why I have Nova Launcher.
You can download Themepark for Goodlock and use any icon pack you want from the play store. You can even change the size of the icons and add some random background shapes to them.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Mrjhe29