Amazon Music media player not showing up on lock screen

paperbacklucy

May 11, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I don't know if there is a solution to this, but Amazon Music app on my phone will not display a media player on the lock screen. All my other media players do show their players on the lock screen, this is the only app I have this issue with. I've tried looking through the app's settings with no luck. I imagine it's probably something up with the app rather than my phone, but I just thought I'd check here any way. thanks!

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! Go to Settings>Apps>Amazon Music​, and see if there is an option for Notifications there. Make sure it isn't set to Hide.

TheChosenDoge

Feb 19, 2016
Visit site
Hi! I don't know if there is a solution to this, but Amazon Music app on my phone will not display a media player on the lock screen. All my other media players do show their players on the lock screen, this is the only app I have this issue with. I've tried looking through the app's settings with no luck. I imagine it's probably something up with the app rather than my phone, but I just thought I'd check here any way. thanks!

I think apps have to support lock screen controls I know Gplay, Pandora, etc do though

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
I think apps have to support lock screen controls I know Gplay, Pandora, etc do though

Starting with Lollipop, though, the lockscreen controls should just be the usual app notification (which, for a music app, ought to include pause/play/skip buttons). If Amazon didn't include this feature, that's a pretty big oversight ...

mufcfedfan2010

Sep 13, 2016
Visit site
This isn't an oversight on Amazon's part. The app always used to display player controls on the lock screen. It seems since either an app or OS update, the settings changed to hide it on the lock screen. Just changed them myself on my S6, and all is working fine again! :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dgibbs83