An almost perfect case

murphcid

Nov 5, 2013
Visit site
Products – URBAN ARMOR GEAR These cases are as close to perfect as I have found. If they had a tempered glass screen protector and a belt clip, they would be perfect. My kids both have them, guys at work have them, and I am going to get one for my wife. I use an Otterbox Defender on my HTC M8, but the Urban Armor cases just work well, and are not killer expensive. It is hard to find a great case that has everything in it, and UAG comes close.

Rukbat

Retired Moderator
Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Otterbox Defnder with tempered glass on the outside of the plastic screen shield. Scratchproof and break-resistant. Pricey, but even $60 to protect a $700 phone isn't a bad price. Now if only they were water-resistant enough to protect the phone against some of the downpours we get here in the summer (you need gills).

RobRM

Jun 24, 2015
Visit site
They look pretty good from their website, I'd probably buy one if I needed something really rugged. I wonder how they'd compare to an otter box?

blackhawkhot

Apr 15, 2020
Visit site
Otterbox Defnder with tempered glass on the outside of the plastic screen shield. Scratchproof and break-resistant. Pricey, but even $60 to protect a $700 phone isn't a bad price. Now if only they were water-resistant enough to protect the phone against some of the downpours we get here in the summer (you need gills).

Ive used Otterbox's for years and never damage a device in spite horrendous drops.
My only issue is heat dissipation. A damp rag does the trick though. They will also mar the outside edges of the frame over time no matter how clean you keep it.

Been using the ZBolt (about $20) on my Note 10+ with a 3rd party screen protector. Very good corner protection and not bulky 2 layered protection, easy to hold.
It's done well including the end over end, flying through the air from 4 ft onto concrete challenge:(
Dropped it, again today from about 3 feet onto concrete, damn, but no damage. Hit a corner with is typical for a Note 10+ You need a good case for this heavy phone or you will destroy it, sooner rather than latter.
It has very limited bezel screen protection naked.