An Unbiased Smartphone Fan's Opinion

mudcat62

Sep 29, 2016
Visit site
That is bull. Like the man says, the Apple Watch ⌚️ Stays unlocked on your wrist. I get all of my work emails and private emails on my watch. The frontier is a very simple watch compared to ⌚️!

jjinal

Apr 13, 2017
Visit site
That is bull. Like the man says, the Apple Watch ⌚️ Stays unlocked on your wrist. I get all of my work emails and private emails on my watch. The frontier is a very simple watch compared to ⌚️!
Alot of Apple Fanboys on this Android site.

Last edited:

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Apparently your work email has an inferior security policy. The AW is for girls and boys. The S3 Frontier is a Man's watch.

I kind of have to disagree with it being for boys and girls...I'm not trying to get off track on this thread but I love the Apple Watch and think it is slightly superior to the S3. It has more apps, more available uses for working out and generally has a more pleasing aesthetic to me. It also integrates very well with the iPhone. Now, I love my S3, having access to S Pay on the S3 is wonderful, and I mostly don't use apps on my watch with the exceptions being workout apps, Instagram, and texting. The S3 does do phone calls WAY better than the Apple Watch. They sound crisp and are much louder than the Apple Watch.

aggie

Apr 28, 2010
Visit site
Excellent post with your impressions of the S8+. Pretty much mirrors my thoughts on the phone exactly. I do love my 7 Plus and will be holding on to it for a while but Samsung nailed it with this phone. I miss the speakers of the 7 Plus also, as well as the dual camera setup, but as a complete package I feel the S8+ is the superior device. The speaker is definitely an improvement over the S7 Edge, so I wouldn't quite call it garbage, but it is a slight letdown after using a 7 Plus for the last few months.

My only complaint so far is some lag experienced when sliding left to use Bixby. I know, I'm probably one of the 3 people that use Bixby, but I kinda like it. Other than that, the software is quite nice, leaps and bounds beyond any other Samsung I have used, and I've owned all of the Notes except the first one and all of the S series going back to the S2. Other than the Bixby issue I haven't noticed even a hint of lag and that speaks volumes to how far Samsung has come with Touchwiz, Samsung Experience, or whatever they are calling it now.

Law2138

Trusted Member
Nov 14, 2012
Visit site
Very nice write-up with detailed points.

One of the main reasons I'm considering the S8 is the Bluetooth 5.0 features. They're incredible and I know BT 5.0 is coming to more devices, but it can't be matched right now.

The ability to broadcast to 2 entirely separate BT speakers? WIN

Multiply the range of BT 4.x.x by 4. You can literally walk around your house, mow the lawn, chill in the basement, or by the pool and not experience breaks in the signal. WIN

worldspy99

Oct 15, 2013
Visit site
Nice review.

I am very happy with the S8 that I got. Although since I am not an iOS fan, I still kept my Pixel. Unlike some other folks, I managed to get a second line for extra $10 so I have a SIM card in both. I will give the Samsung a heavy workout in a week or two when a work travel trip is going to happen.

The screen, is just awesome to look at and for certain apps it just pops up. The new Nougat update/theme is also great compared to the TouchWiz of the past.

msm0511

Trusted Member
Aug 23, 2014
Visit site
I use both platforms as well. I decided I'm in the same boat as you yesterday. That I really shouldn't keep both. I'm having a hard time deciding whether to keep my iPhone 7 Plus or my S8+.

I also love my Apple Watch. I've not used any of Samsung's watches, but didn't really care for the Android Wear watch I had. Aesthetically, I don't like the S3 at all though.

Decisions, decisions....

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Great write-up!

I really like both phones. I think the Galaxy S8 is a feat of design and engineering while the iPhone 7+ is pure muscle when it comes to speed and processing power.

Must've been pretty hard to let the iPhone go but from the looks of your OP, sounds like it might have been worth it as you seem to really like the S8.

Maybe keep us updated on how it's like as it ages. I'm curious about that. ;)