Android 2.1 - Rooted

craigdts

Jan 27, 2010
Visit site
Thanks so much. I'm not tech saavy, but got mine updated. Wife is drooling over my 2.1. Will soon have me update her moment too. Keyboard is soo much faster and love the 2.1 phone app.

Appreciate your work.

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
i dont recommend root yet guys.. ive tried v3 , v4 and they make the phone worse.. im trying v2 as the last resort.. but 2.1 stock is awsome no lag!

Jo_795

Jan 12, 2010
Visit site
yes i had bad experience with all the roots but V5 is working very perfect on my phone.! i have yet to experience a bug i recommend this guys!

jdogg836

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install the V5 and I'm getting an error message within the sprint update tool saying the file size is too large or something to that effect. At first, I thought maybe I spaced out and had a corrupted download but it seems that is not the case.

LSanna1488

Apr 6, 2010
Visit site
I tried to install the V5 and I'm getting an error message within the sprint update tool saying the file size is too large or something to that effect. At first, I thought maybe I spaced out and had a corrupted download but it seems that is not the case.

You dont use the sprint update tool for v5
make sure that v5 is in your sd card
turn phone off
hit vol down green and red buttons at the same time
screen will come up with a list of options
choose apply update from sd
Hit home button to approve

Sprint update tool is for flashing from 1.5 to 2.1, which you must do before applying v5
enjoy

Last edited:

jdogg836

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I can't get JoeyKrim's 2.1 to flash to apply the v5 root. That's the point I am stuck at. When I try to flash it, that's when I get the message that the filesize is too large.

jdogg836

Apr 4, 2010
Visit site
I got it to work after I downloaded and reinstalled joey's recovery tar. I've since been able to flash Joey's root v5, then the dd10 upgrade, and then the root again. Soon I will be deleting all the bloatware again. Just wanting to make sure everything is set first.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sibi1122