Android 2.2 Froyo update findings

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
Anyone else not able to send mms? Had this problem with several custom roms and now with the official 2.2. Was working perfect before the update.:mad:

Daedalus

Dec 30, 2009
Visit site
Anyone else not able to send mms? Had this problem with several custom roms and now with the official 2.2. Was working perfect before the update.:mad:

I had this issue as well and i found the cause. MMS works on both 10 and 11 digit numbers. what happens is when we add a number into the phone we will enter it like (555) 555-5555 or 555-555-5555 now this works perfectly for sms but spaces brackets or hyphens ad an extra character and this is not any good for MMS on the Froyo builds I have used and.

What i did to fix this was got to Gmail and the contacts and them export them in a CVS file. Opening this in Excel I then copied the row that has the phone numbers and pasted it in a new sheet, following up with a find and replace for each special character I needed to remove. I then copied and pasted my results back into the original worksheet and saved my work. So now I have a cvs file that all my phone numbers went from (123) 456-7890 to 1234567890 I then cleared my entire contact list on the google site and imported the cvs file back. Now my mms works with no issues and when I look at a contact the number is displayed 123-456-7890 but if you edit it it is 1234567890

Sorry if this is confusing only got 2 hours of sleep.

Reactions: KCphotog

KCphotog

Mar 3, 2010
Visit site
I had this issue as well and i found the cause. MMS works on both 10 and 11 digit numbers. what happens is when we add a number into the phone we will enter it like (555) 555-5555 or 555-555-5555 now this works perfectly for sms but spaces brackets or hyphens ad an extra character and this is not any good for MMS on the Froyo builds I have used and.

What i did to fix this was got to Gmail and the contacts and them export them in a CVS file. Opening this in Excel I then copied the row that has the phone numbers and pasted it in a new sheet, following up with a find and replace for each special character I needed to remove. I then copied and pasted my results back into the original worksheet and saved my work. So now I have a cvs file that all my phone numbers went from (123) 456-7890 to 1234567890 I then cleared my entire contact list on the google site and imported the cvs file back. Now my mms works with no issues and when I look at a contact the number is displayed 123-456-7890 but if you edit it it is 1234567890

Have tried that and still no go. Guess its of to Team Whiskeys new rom.:cool:

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
has anyone else noticed that after the update the "snooze" feature on the alarm clock no longer works?

did your alarm screen change as well? mine changed from having to press and hold a close button to swiping a close button (like answering a phone call). i just checked the snooze feature, its the exact same thing as rejecting a phone call (swipe from right to left). i like it =D

jaimie88

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
did your alarm screen change as well? mine changed from having to press and hold a close button to swiping a close button (like answering a phone call). i just checked the snooze feature, its the exact same thing as rejecting a phone call (swipe from right to left). i like it =D

yes it changed, and i would like it too if when i hit snooze it actually went off again. never had any problems with it until the update.

suniljdsouza

Jul 30, 2010
Visit site
Ok, I downloaded Froyo on Friday and I had it through the weekend.

What I like:

1) The Wi-Fi calling feature is great! Unlike UMA on other phones I had with T-Mobile, I can use this with Bluetooth and I had no problems with it.

2) I noticed it ready my SD Card much faster than before.

What I didn't like:

1) The phone is slower and less responsive. This is very noticeable. It's pretty frustrating!

2)The phone has also completely stalled on my twice and I had to reboot.

blooper

Aug 19, 2010
Visit site
yea, it communicates to the SD card a whole lot faster. the only times i notice the delay is when there is any type of text input. but it might be because its trying to refer to a word bank for autofill purposes. its a bit annoying, but it isnt that much worse than it used to be on 2.1 anyway.

sometimes it takes a bit of time to load up my home screens after i end all apps through the app monitor... but its not too big a deal.

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site
is anyone else having mms sending issues? i can receive but I cannot send.. let me know if you have this issue or, if not, what I might have to check on to make it work again.

Thanks!

Brooke795

Jan 4, 2011
Visit site

oh yeesh.. this is the fix? i have no clue where to start on this. lol

WrlsFanatic

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
After all this time the update feels rushed and poor.
I don't mean to troll, that's not my intention. However, I think T-Mobile got a TON of pressure from the outside to get this released, and I doubt they would have waited even if they were finding issues. Notice that Sprint promised to update the Epic by the end of last year and STILL hasn't released it.

I'm not sure what Samsung was thinking when they released this handset, but I doubt people will forget how slow it was updated or how terribly it performed.

123Azul321

Dec 21, 2009
Visit site
I definitely agree that the update feels rushed. There really isn't much to it. I haven't tried the GPS at all. The one thing I can tell you is that my phone bricked. I was rooted and apparently that was an issue for Samsung and T-Mobile. I had to Odin back to JFD then J16 THEN try Kies again to get KA6... The only problem that I am having is that my phone keeps randomly rebooting. 5-6 times a day. And even though I have the phone on Silent it overrides the volume and reboots full volume. That's an issue when I'm in the middle of Language&Composition... If this doesn't get fixed Tmobile and I are going to have some issues... again... Sadly I think I'll still be buying Samsung products. What can I say? It's like a drug to me...

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech