Android 2.2 Froyo update findings

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
2.2 Issues...

• Wifi and Mobile AP connections can be flaky.
  • Rebooting has taken as long as 3 hours (WTF?)
  • GPS connectability
  • Desktop Icons may disappear for hours

TheJastrom

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I was hesitant to root my phone and install a lag fix and/or a custom rom, thinking it wouldn't make much of a difference.

I finally rooted it (it was painfully easy), flashed a custom rom and kernel, and enabled a lag fix that came with the kernel.

Totally different phone. All I can say is DO IT. The phone is so much faster now and everything runs butter smooth, with no lag or hesitation.

I've looked around but i'm not sure what to do first, can you point me in the right direction? I want to essentially do what you've done and turn my phone into a non laggy pos that I fight the urge to throw at times. lol

orgwizard

Jan 21, 2011
Visit site
dido here on the wifi. I use tasker to turn it off when I'm not at home, and 90% of the time when it tries to turn it on, or when I do manually, it fails with just error.
haven't found much online, and was one of those things was hoping 2.2.1 would have fixed....but doesn't look like that's in our future.

Auraeon

Apr 20, 2011
Visit site
This worked for me.

At first it gave me the license locked message. From another post I found an easy solution.

1. click settings,
2. applications,
3. manage applications,
4. under the "All" tab I went to "DRM protected content storage" and cleared the data.
5. I then unmounted the SD card and turned off the phone.

When I booted back up and tried Avatar it gave me a "The movie cannot be played" message. After rebooting 2 more times Avatar finally came back.

Thank you for this! It worked like a charm. I only had to do two reboots total (not 3) for Avatar to work perfectly again. The steps you gave were perfect and easy. Thanks a million!

Http://www.devingaughan.com

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Update to 2.2 issues:

• GPS doesn't work properly
  • Bluetooth has stopped working
  • Random Reboots and
  • Reboots can take up to an hour
  • Mobile AP doesn't always turn on
  • Wi-fi doesn't always connect on first try (or second or third)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20