Android 4.2.2 update for Galaxy S3

linuxson

Nov 24, 2011
Visit site
Hey guys

I am currently following most forums with regards to the above mentioned subject, but cant seem to find any straight answers. The last release date mentioned was during/end July....we're in August now. And other sources claim Samsung will skip 4.2.2 and jump directly to 4.3

So which is it now?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

Scott Kenyon

Apr 2, 2011
Visit site
Hey, welcome to AC. Good luck finding a straight answer. The only people who can give those answers are Samsung and the carriers. You're more likely to strike gold in your backyard than get a straight answer about updates from them. You'll have to continue to read up on rumors and wait for the update to actually push out.
Keep in mind, even when updates are announced they're a volatile thing. The OEM or carrier can pull the OTAs due to issues with it. They may also delay the release after announcement due to unforseen circumstances.
Always try to remember they don't want to launch an update until it works properly. Sometimes it takes longer, but it's worth the wait for something that's not going to render your phone either unusable or annoying to use.

Golfdriver97

Trusted Member Team Leader
Dec 4, 2012
Visit site
Hey guys

I am currently following most forums with regards to the above mentioned subject, but cant seem to find any straight answers. The last release date mentioned was during/end July....we're in August now. And other sources claim Samsung will skip 4.2.2 and jump directly to 4.3

So which is it now?

Sent from my GT-I9300 using AC Forums mobile app

There was a test version of 4.2 released to the International units not long ago, and as there are many more general international handsets, it takes longer to get them rolled out. As for skipping 4.2, I am not inclined to believe that as they already put effort into building it. My opinion though.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pvagmailaccounts