Android 5.1 Account error and updates

Aug 16, 2023
Visit site
I am using a susan x8 and it is running android 5.1 whenever I turn it on it says my account could not sync and whenever I try to update it says it is fully updated I have 7 gb of free storage since it is old. Can someone help please?

Last edited by a moderator:

J Dubbs

Jun 4, 2016
Visit site
I believe only Android 6 (or maybe even 7) and up is now supported... anything below that will no longer work in most aspects unfortunately.

And there's no real way to upgrade your device anymore... whatever the last update was for it, from the company that made it, is all it's going to get. I'm actually amazed it's still working, it sounds like you've taken good care of it 😉

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Welcome to Android Central! I think Lollipop is still technically supported (it's KitKat that was officially put to pasture recently: https://www.androidpolice.com/google-final-nail-android-4-4-kitkat-coffin/). But with such an old version of Android (and such an old budget device from an off-brand manufacturer like Susan), it's not unusual for more incompatibilities to surface. It's time to upgrade to a more modern device.

Aug 16, 2023
Visit site
Aug 16, 2023
Visit site
Thanks, I do take care of it because I like old tech but sometimes I just are a little but older than expected.
I believe only Android 6 (or maybe even 7) and up is now supported... anything below that will no longer work in most aspects unfortunately.

And there's no real way to upgrade your device anymore... whatever the last update was for it, from the company that made it, is all it's going to get. I'm actually amazed it's still working, it sounds like you've taken good care of it 😉

Reactions: J Dubbs

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dxter