Android 5 Lollipop coming to the Venue 8 7840 Tablet On April 21st.

anon(9146492)

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I am a freak when I get an update. I don't trust that everything was upgraded properly, so I am in the middle of a factory reset. If the star is still there when I am done I will post a screenshot. The odd thing was that nothing was showing up in notifications other than the Max Audio or whatever that thing is. It actually looked like the star from a twitter notification when someone favorites a tweet.

cpolism

Mar 9, 2010
Visit site
So what do you say? I can't update until I get home from work, but i'm pumped! How does everyone like the update so far?

anon(9146492)

May 5, 2015
Visit site
I like the notifications on the lock screen, and love the new settings look. I don't like the notifications pulldown because it feels a little cramped. I also have a hard time unlocking the device. LOL! I guess I am not good a touching that lock icon. :)

darrell s

Apr 25, 2015
Visit site
An Android Central news item from today indicates that the Lollipop update has forced encryption.

How is everyone's performance?

I'm getting mine delivered Monday, probably still on KitKat. Should I update?

paul foster

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
Just finished updating. Too early to declare this a winner but good right now. I will post any issues as they arise.

I am familiar with 5.1 on my nexus 7 and had many issues before the last stable release. Thats why I got the dell. Stable 4.4 is better than buggy 5.0

Better late and stable than early and flawed

Posted via the Android Central App

paul foster

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
No bugs yet but tablet feels very fast.

Now we can start the ---+ when will 5.1.1 be delivered conversation👽

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
With the new lock screen you can swipe up anywhere on the screen to unlock. You don't have to touch that tiny lock icon.

pawdog

Mar 20, 2011
Visit site
The encryption doesn't appear to have any negative effects on performance. If anything the tablet is faster and smoother. Looks like the best just got better.

jrb7561

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Yeah I'm really digging the update. The tablet feels notably faster. I'm using the Google Now launcher which is a good match for this tablet.

cbys

May 9, 2015
Visit site
They seemed to have removed the Intel Sensing Assistant function in favour of Ambient Screen which doesnt work at all when i pick the tablet up. Any way to restore that functionality?

paul foster

Apr 20, 2015
Visit site
My tablet is always at home so I have lock screen / security turned off. However 5.0.2 encrypted my storage. Can someone tell me where I can find the encryption key ?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Spacyverse