Android 7.1.2 beta has arrived

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
When I turned on my phone this morning I got a notice that Android 7.1.2 beta was ready to download. It was 1252.4Mb so it took a while using my WiFi. With my data plan I wouldn't have considered doing downloading with cellular data. It downloaded and installed in about thirty minutes. I didn't check the time when I started,

After it downloaded a message said to restart to install. I shut the phone off, started again, and it was still Android 7.1.1. Aha! I had to actually press the message that said, "Restart to install". That did it.

Build number NPG05D. Same Jan 5 security update. Same 4.01 system size that a lot of people complained about. I spent some time going through the programs I use and everything worked fine. I should say I don't have games on my phone, I don't listen to music, and since I don't hear well I never receive phone calls and rarely make a phone call.

So far I've noticed no changes in operation and no problems.

Enjoy.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
None that I can see but after years of subtle nuances from politicians my subtle detector might be out of whack. I did look at the little messages that pop up when you hold an app button and they all seemed to be the same. My phone is a Nexus 5x with 16Gb of memory so I do tend to keep the phone simple and austere. My wallpaper is just solid black.I have 60 apps installed.

I did look under settings/move and the "swipe for notifications" option had been added. I don't use the fingerprint scanner so I don't know how it works.

So far. Runs fine. I wish I could report amazing new features and abilities but I can't.

Matty

Q&A Team
Mar 15, 2014
Visit site
Every time a new beta OS arrives i get excited ^_^ I don't own a nexus device, so i cant load it, but its always nice to see what the new features are or simply the improvements that have been made over the previous builds. I did hear something about fingerprint scanner gesturers. Which is really cool.

Google Said its
"focused on refinements, so it includes a number of bug fixes and optimizations, along with a small number of enhancements for carriers and users."

anon(123856)

Jan 12, 2011
Visit site
None that I can see but after years of subtle nuances from politicians my subtle detector might be out of whack. I did look at the little messages that pop up when you hold an app button and they all seemed to be the same. My phone is a Nexus 5x with 16Gb of memory so I do tend to keep the phone simple and austere. My wallpaper is just solid black.I have 60 apps installed.

I did look under settings/move and the "swipe for notifications" option had been added. I don't use the fingerprint scanner so I don't know how it works.

So far. Runs fine. I wish I could report amazing new features and abilities but I can't.

I've been thinking about re-enrolling in the beta program to try it out. It's good to hear that it's running well for you. That's encouraging.

ptkelly

Sep 28, 2013
Visit site
I'm old and I'm no cell phone guru but I recall being concerned enough about cell standby to check out what it was and how to decrease it's battery consumption. I gave up. As I recall it was often my second biggest battery consumer, under screen and above Android System and OS.

Now it's consistantly in fourth place but it's only been two days. Would someone running 7.1 or 7.0 look and see where their cell standby is?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
akbarramadhani12