Android 9 Update - No Notifications

sparko24

May 8, 2013
Visit site
So I updated to Android 9 yesterday on my Verizon Pixel XL and now I no longer receive any notifications when I receive texts, emails, etc. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I have not factory reset since the update but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks.

Mikey D_PhD

Apr 4, 2011
Visit site
So I updated to Android 9 yesterday on my Verizon Pixel XL and now I no longer receive any notifications when I receive texts, emails, etc. Everything else seems to be working fine.

I have not factory reset since the update but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue.

Thanks.
Did you happen to have any custom tones for notifications? Sometimes the link to the audio file can get corrupted.

Also... Check the notification settings and make sure some apps didn't get notifications turned off.

Finally... Is "Do Not Disturb" on? The settings for DND are different now, so you might want to check that out.

I'm on a Verizon OG Pixel XL. All of my notifications stayed intact. Do a couple of restarts if the above solutions don't work and see if that corrects the issue.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jokomad