Android Auto and Quick Charge

mentalcase

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
So now that I'm using Android Auto my device is constantly connected to my head unit. The only problem is my G3 supports LG's "fast charge" tech and I'm going to be upgrading to a Nexus 6 this weekend. Obviously I'd like to take advantage of these quick charge capabilities while still retaining use of Android Auto.

Is there an adapter that can separate the data and power portion to allow this to happen? Fingers crossed.

mikereidis

Nov 30, 2011
Visit site
Is there an adapter that can separate the data and power portion to allow this to happen? Fingers crossed.

Powered USB hub.

Maybe a Y cable to a power source ?

I have some USB OTG Y cables that can power both devices, but I'm not sure that's a good idea with a headunit that provides power instead of taking it. But some cables only power one side, corresponding to the phone running AA here.

But note that many devices are "allergic" to high current charging when data is being used. I think maybe 1 amp or so may be the maximum.

And use quality hubs and cables/adapters. I have a bunch of cheap ones that are garbage after a few months, or some even when new.

For a USB OTG Y cable so far (a few weeks) I like this one, but many people will balk at $10: http://www.amazon.com/Micro-Cable-P...ag=hawk-future-20&ascsubtag=UUacUvbUpU4547400

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jan