Android Auto connection question: 2022 Chevy Malibu

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, I am stuck with a Chevy Malibu car rental while my car is in the shop. This car has AA on board, but I am unable to get it working. I have tried wireless and Bluetooth connection methods and I must be missing something. Even though my phone says it is connected via BT, when I access BT on the car display, my phone does not show up. It does not appear as a previously connected phone on the BT screen either. The owner's manual was no help either. I also tried connecting a new car in the phone app and the car shows up, but connecting does not work.

Can anyone provide some tips on figuring out the correct workflow? A link to YT or something else would be great. Thanks.

Last edited:

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I moved this from the Android Apps forum to the Android Auto forum for more specific traffic.
Just to be sure, you're following the steps here? https://www.chevrolet.com/support/vehicle/smartphone-connections/smartphone-integration/android-auto
Hi, I saw those instructions previously. I assume the data port is the center port in the group of three. I tried everything mentioned here. Car was parked. However, I cannot even get the phone to pair with Bluetooth (it did initially but then it said the phone was not connected on the Auto side, though it was connected on my phone). I removed the pairing and restarted my phone. I will try again, but at this point, I don't know how much more aggravation I can take. It should be simple, but AA does not even list my phone as being able to connect to, n or does clicking Add phone in the AA menu do anything.

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
When u use the cables if you pull the pull down notification panels under USB settings is it set to charging?
i think it is set to charging because the charge indicator came up on my phone. But I will check the settings. Do you mean check the settings on the car or on the phone? I have not done so yet.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Did you already try forgetting the phone in the car's menu (and forgetting the car in the Phone's Bluetooth menu), and then going through the process again?

I found this video as well for that model year car. You've followed the steps shown?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
I saw that video. I followed all instructions. I I cannot get Bluetooth to connect at all and I cannot get the add a new phone function to work either. My phone shows as disconnected and I can't get it to connect at all.17045793556867175725085544269171.jpg

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Also, can you confirm that you already tried forgetting the phone from your car's system (and the car from the phone's Bluetooth menu), and then going through the process again?

Reactions: Laura Knotek

eklisiewicz

Apr 27, 2010
Visit site
Hi, Sorry I did not respond sooner, but life got in the way. I return the Malibu today, but for whatever reason, on Wednesday, it not only started working, it also stuck so it works like it should now. I had to scrub the BT connection from the car and phone a few times and it finally did the trick. Thanks so much!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos