Question Android Auto crashing issue - I noticed something that might answer why it happens

QuantumExploration

Nov 18, 2023
Visit site
So, when using Android Auto with Google Maps, it crashes... a lot. I'm using a Samsung Galaxy S23 Ultra and the latest version of Android Auto. In order to get it back I just unplug and reply the USB cable to the cars port and it comes back up. Its immensely frustrating.
On a recent 4.5 hour road trip I counted the number of times it crashed... 33 times.
Now I've tried several different cars each with different Android-auto radios and they all exhibit the same behavior. I've tried swapping out cables, killing background processes on my phone and turning off battery optimization. Still crashes.
So this is what I noticed... on my road trip when traveling between major cities on the highway Android Auto DID NOT crash. However, as soon as I got near a large city the crashing started happening. In a big city the crashing continually happened, on average, every 10-15 minutes.
I'm wondering if, because there is more data coming in while in a big city (more streets, more buildings, landmarks, etc) Android Auto is having trouble processing the amount of data coming in and can't handle it. Again, once I got out of a big city and back to being out where there are fewer roads, buildings, landmarks, etc Android Auto didn't crash.
I'm wanting to get everyone's take on this.

QuantumExploration

Nov 18, 2023
Visit site
Welcome to AC!
Can you try another maps like Waze see if it's still happening?

Both Android Auto and Google maps are up to date?
Okay, so I installed Waze and tried that. Seemed to work for about 20 minutes and then Android Auto crashed. I updated Google Maps to the latest version and it still caused Android Auto to crash. I checked Android Auto and it is at the latest version.

Reactions: mustang7757

mustang7757

Super Moderator
Feb 6, 2017
Visit site
Okay, so I installed Waze and tried that. Seemed to work for about 20 minutes and then Android Auto crashed. I updated Google Maps to the latest version and it still caused Android Auto to crash. I checked Android Auto and it is at the latest version.
I would send error reports to Google about this another thing can try is Android Auto beta see if works , AA been always buggy for lot of users

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
TSFDeymos