Android auto help

cknobman

May 15, 2018
Visit site
It should be criminal not to have any type of split screen/ multiple app view.

I can only see maps, or only see spotify? A split screen is pretty much available on any in built car system, apple car play, etc....

There is ZERO consistency in voice commands.
Sometimes you can say a text command and name and go straight into the text and it does everything seamlessly.
Other times after saying the name it stops and prompts you for the text.
WHY!!!????

I hate that settings is split between head unit and phone.

I feel like they put the overseas garbage developers on Android Auto that dont know or care about the product.

KEHT

Oct 20, 2015
Visit site
Usually, when issues pop up, I just reboot my phone and they go away.
I had a few of them over the years: black screen, selected indicator disappeared, Spotify won't launch, 'your phone is not compatible with AA' message, etc.

rkeVader

Apr 10, 2014
Visit site
It should be criminal not to have any type of split screen/ multiple app view.

Until I read this comment, I was satisfied with the audio controls at the bottom when in maps, but now that you said this, I want this feature too! The touch screen is certainly large enough.

takpro

Mar 27, 2013
Visit site
I love love love the S21 but android auto is completely ruining everything for me.

It just has so many bugs, the volume control doesn’t reset after using Google assistant. Music resumes (when it actually does) playing at the voice volume level not the audio volume level. Fixed by initiating Google assistant again and canceling it.

The screen will go blank when navigating the interface on my cars screen.

Google assistant doesn’t always hear what I say even if it’s back to back requests or confirmations.

This next one may or may not be Apple Music app. When I select an album on the cars display it auto shuffles the album. If I select the album on my phone screen it plays in order.

Music doesn’t always resume after using Google assistant.

I never actually installed the android auto app. That’s because it never prompted me to do so. I am guessing that it is baked into android itself now. The AA settings are in the phone settings now.

Normally I would just right it off and be like oh well I tried and send the phone back. That was my initial plan a few days ago and I requested a return kit. Now that I am back on iPhone I miss literally everything about that phone.

If anyone has any suggestions I could possible try to resolve some of these issues that would be awesome. I really don’t want to get rid of this phone at all.

Not A Chance! Why? Because I read these forums. Google is the GOOFIEST company on earth.

phillyphan23

Nov 15, 2016
Visit site
I use AA on my S10 with three head units; Pioneer AVH-W4500NEX (wireless AA capable), Pioneer AVH-2330NEX, and OEM unit in a 2016 Chevy Cruze. Connecting with Wireless AA is hit and miss and sometimes requires rebooting my S10 to connect.

I normally use three audio sources on my phone through AA; SiruisXM, MLB AtBat, and Rocket Player. Every time I switch audio source, AA switches back to the previous source. It normally takes three or four tries before the audio switch sticks. I don't have this issue when I use AA without a head unit. Does anyone else see this problem?

Waze sometimes disappear in AA after a Waze upgrade. Shutting down AA and launching Waze seems to resolve this issue.

I believe AA app display restrictions creates issues with many apps. It is almost impossible to change stations in the SirusXM app while driving. I found it easier to use the SiriusXM app on my phone to control the app running through AA. I also use my phone to display run apps like OBDLink or Torque that AA doesn't support.

Overall AA is usable but could be much better.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
karim174