Android Auto not avaiable on Moto G Power (Xfinity)?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
I just switched from Verizon to Xfinity Mobile and am using the Moto G Power.

It shows that I have Android Auto on my phone when I go into "Settings - Apps" but when I "swipe up" to show the apps, it is not there.

I tried uninstalling and reinstalling it in the Play store but still nothing. It won't even let me open it up.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
What if you do a global search on the phone for Android Auto?

Are you using the stock launcher or a 3rd party launcher?

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
My Pixel 4XL and my wife's Pixel 5 are the same. Settings - Apps - Show All Apps lists Android Auto. But Android Auto is not in the app drawer. I think it has something to do with connecting to vehicle Bluetooth systems? On my wife's phone it was not listed in the list of all apps until we connected to phone to the UConnect Bluetooth system in the Jeep.

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
My Pixel 4XL and my wife's Pixel 5 are the same. Settings - Apps - Show All Apps lists Android Auto. But Android Auto is not in the app drawer. I think it has something to do with connecting to vehicle Bluetooth systems? On my wife's phone it was not listed in the list of all apps until we connected to phone to the UConnect Bluetooth system in the Jeep.

This is exactly the same situation that I am in.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
This is exactly the same situation that I am in.
Is your phone connected to a vehicle Bluetooth system? If everything is working fine, is it causing issues having it appear in the list of apps? Our phones work fine in this configuration.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Maybe it was there on her phone before connecting to Bluetooth? I could be mistaken, it's been a crazy month. But in either case I think what you are describing is normal on many new phones and nothing to worry about

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
When I go to "Settings - Apps" and I click on the App to open it, it does not give me the option to open it. It only gives me the option to "Enable" or "Disable".

Are you saying once I connect it to the car it will work?

lgbalfa

Apr 3, 2013
Visit site
How are we suppose to use Android Auto if we can't open?

Frustrating since I used it on my previous Moto G7 Power.

Scott337

Apr 22, 2017
Visit site
Thanks for the link.
No problem. I knew I remembered reading something about the changes Google made to AA, but couldn't remember exactly at first. I think they are trying to roll all of this up into their new Assistant Driving Mode that they announced last Spring (2019) and is finally supposed to start rolling out soon.

B. Diddy

Senior Ambassador
Mar 9, 2012
Visit site
Sorry to get back to this post late, but Scott337 nailed it! I had forgotten about how the Android Auto app itself was going away.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
elizabethstephen