Android Auto not working Verizon Galaxy S5 HELP PLEASE!

Travis Johnson9

Apr 29, 2015
Visit site
UPDATE: Android Auto now works after a recent update to my phone!

Hey guys, I just got the pioneer avh4100nex (for the android auto functionality) and it doesn't seem to be working with my phone. I updated it to 1.03 and my phone is running 5.0

I have made sure the "only connect to known cars" box is unchecked.

When i plug my phone in, i get a red screen that says "cannot support android auto, your device cannot support android auto"

Does anyone know how I can fix this???

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Travis

Last edited:

adrolter

Mar 31, 2013
Visit site
Google Play Services causes that error because the SM-G900V is on the blacklist. Until they officially support it or someone develops a workaround AA won't work.

TexasDeano

May 11, 2015
Visit site
Found this on the Auto Play support site:

Known issues
Compatibility for certain phones
LG G3

Android Auto is not currently supported in the U.S. on the LG G3 for Verizon Wireless customers. Google is working with LG on compatibility and will announce an update when the issue is resolved.

Samsung Galaxy S5

Android Auto is not currently supported in the U.S. on the Samsung Galaxy S5 for Sprint and Verizon Wireless customers. Google is working with Samsung on compatibility and will announce an update when the issue is resolved.

Samsung Galaxy S4

Android Auto is not currently supported in the U.S. on the Samsung Galaxy S4 for AT&T customers. Google is working with Samsung on compatibility and will announce an update when the issue is resolved.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Hey guys, I just got the pioneer avh4100nex (for the android auto functionality) and it doesn't seem to be working with my phone. I updated it to 1.03 and my phone is running 5.0

I have made sure the "only connect to known cars" box is unchecked.

When i plug my phone in, i get a red screen that says "cannot support android auto, your device cannot support android auto"

Does anyone know how I can fix this???

Thanks in advance for the help.

-Travis

This has been remedied for the SM-G900V in Google Play Services.
To get this to work, this is what I have done.
First, if you have Android Auto installed, uncheck "only connect to known cars". Also, click "Forget all cars".
Go to Settings > Application Manager > All Programs and find Google Play Services.
Clear the cache and data, and also Uninstall Updates for this program.
If you have recently updated GMail, Google App, Google Maps, or other Google apps on your phone (recommended), your phone will notify you that these apps need an update. Follow the notification to the Google Play Store.
You will then be prompted to update Google Play Services. The version should be 7.5.71.
Update Google Play Services to the newest version.

(Before starting, you may also want to enable USB debugging on your phone. To accomplish this, go to Settings > About Phone and proceed to tap the "Build Number" section 7 times, until you are notified that you are about to unlock developer options. Then once this is done, go to the newly unlocked "Developer Options" icon in settings, and enable USB debugging in the menu. A link on how to do this is here: How to enable Samsung Galaxy S5 developer options | Android Central)

Proceed to connect your car to the stereo, and be your car either has the parking brake on, or the parking brake on function is bypassed in some way.
Proceed with Android Auto setup

denp44

Jun 1, 2015
Visit site
I followed Dr Claw's instruction above and it worked for me on my Verizon Galaxy S5.
Just wondering if I should turn disable USB debugging now.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
I followed Dr Claw's instruction above and it worked for me on my Verizon Galaxy S5.
Just wondering if I should turn disable USB debugging now.

Amazing. I wonder, for those of you who have it working on VZW S5s, what the difference is. We're all using the same model phone, same version of Google Play Services and the AA-related apps.

As for USB debugging, I'm keeping it on only because it makes AA launch faster.

Dr Claw

Mar 17, 2015
Visit site
Claw, have tried different cables since the recent update?

I found the issue.
Make sure your SE Linux settings are up to date.
Go into "About Phone" from Settings.
Check the following entry: SE For Android Status

If the date listed is less than May 11 2015, update it by going into Settings > Security > Security Policy Updates and "Check for updates".

Proceed to update security and go back into Android Auto in your vehicle afterward.

Posted via the Android Central App

offtohavasu

Jun 25, 2013
Visit site
Thanks for the tip. Mine goes back to March. Oddly enough, this was something I asked about in the S4 Section if they had received the Security Update. I ignored mine the other day, but good to know I need to update it.

marker227

Apr 6, 2016
Visit site
Does any of this pertain to the G900F version? That's what I have and I can't get AA to stay launched. It launches then quits immediately.