Android Backup to NAS

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Has anyone done backups of your phone to a home network NAS? My contacts are on Google, but I think I would feel a bit safer if I could have some sort of backup (and a method to do a restore, if necessary). And my NAS box has a ton of room on it without incurring any further cost.

Anyone? Help, direction & thoughts are appreciated in advance.

wizzrah

Retired Ambassador
Jul 27, 2013
Visit site
Has anyone done backups of your phone to a home network NAS? My contacts are on Google, but I think I would feel a bit safer if I could have some sort of backup (and a method to do a restore, if necessary). And my NAS box has a ton of room on it without incurring any further cost.

Anyone? Help, direction & thoughts are appreciated in advance.

Do you want to back up the contents of the phone to the NAS? I use ES File Explorer to transfer files, pics, etc. to my NAS Server.

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Essentially, yes. In the same way that I have a backup copy of my laptop contents for "God-forbid" situations, I'd like to have something similar for my phone.

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
Sounds good. I'm familiar with ES File Explorer.

Another wrinkle: without rooting the phone (I probably could but I choose not to), is there something (preferably free, but...) that I can install that will schedule a backup of my device?

WillC88

Jun 27, 2016
Visit site
Did anyone try this recently? I was getting a "unable to negotiate dialect" error when I tried to add FreeNAS machine...Thoughts?

Thank you.

b2d2

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just remembered this and re-installed "Sync Me" on the new device (Google Pixel XL). I'll give it a shot this weekend and see if it works as expected since Pixel doesn't allow an SD Card storage option.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandyRoyalty