Android Central Editors on the LG G5 : "We want better software, a great build, and..."

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site
Re: Android Central Editors on the LG G5 : "We want better software, a great build, and..."

What the G5 will or won't have was decided about 10 months ago.

That wish list you linked was just to drive discussion. It is meaningless. If you want to influence what LG builds, start talking now about the G6

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
Re: Android Central Editors on the LG G5 : "We want better software, a great build, and..."

What the G5 will or won't have was decided about 10 months ago.

That wish list you linked was just to drive discussion. It is meaningless. If you want to influence what LG builds, start talking now about the G6

Nothing wrong with driving discussion to learn about what people want / do not want (or what they expect). Look at the S7 .. everyone talked about how much they want SD cards again and the leaks are showing it so .. Discussing what they like / dislike about the G5 could help LG for the G6 ;).

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I'm sure that they expressed their thoughts and opinions to LG long before this article.

Now that we have a decent idea of what the G5 will be (not complete, but decent) it can be useful to see how consumers (readers like you and me) are thinking. If the reception is generally positive that's good. That would indicate that LG made the right decisions.

Like Almeuit said, this seems to have worked with Samsung. The SD card seems to be making a come back after a pretty loud outcry last year. Even if their decision to bring it back had nothing to do with user feedback internally, I'm ok with giving credit to the users that were loud about not liking the fact that the S6 didn't have one. :)

D13H4RD2L1V3

Retired Moderator
Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
I just want to see better software.

LG UX performs alright, but I dislike the way it looks.

My biggest gripe is the DPI of the UX. Whose bright idea was it to leave it at 640?!

Everything is just too big, to the point where it is actually uncomfortable to use compared with something like a Note 5.

A small loan of a broken G4

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site

I just want to see better software.

LG UX performs alright, but I dislike the way it looks.

My biggest gripe is the DPI of the UX. Whose bright idea was it to leave it at 640?!

Everything is just too big, to the point where it is actually uncomfortable to use compared with something like a Note 5.

A small loan of a broken G4

I agree. DPI is my biggest complaint with their software. Most other stuff I can "hide" with a launcher and be ok with it.

Tadrift

Aug 19, 2015
Visit site

Nothing wrong with driving discussion to learn about what people want / do not want (or what they expect). Look at the S7 .. everyone talked about how much they want SD cards again and the leaks are showing it so .. Discussing what they like / dislike about the G5 could help LG for the G6 ;).

You are right, and discussion is good. As I mentioned, it is just to drive discussion. I just thought everyone should know that it won't influence what is about to be released. LG does have bots that comb the net looking for trends through comments posted on their products and that data is used to help make decisions, so it does matter. And of course we like to talk about things, or we would not be here.

So the more simple terms people can use the better. Like, hate, complaint, etc.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thephilster001