Android Central Sideload Wonder Machine v. 1.2

atlasdc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
No Joy

Thanks for the info. I unistalled .NET 4 & SWM. I reinstalled both from the original link (SWM from the installer). Everything seems to work fine (recognizes the phone & no file errors) but when I hit install I get the 'protocol error' (sorry, protocol failure) notation in the box. I am running XP-Pro with SP3, all Windows updates have been downloaded. I appreciate the help, I know it is hard to diagnose not seeing things. Thanks

Last edited:

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
Thanks for the info. I unistalled .NET 4 & SWM. I reinstalled both from the original link (SWM from the installer). Everything seems to work fine (recognizes the phone & no file errors) but when I hit install I get the 'protocol error' (sorry, protocol failure) notation in the box. I am running XP-Pro with SP3, all Windows updates have been downloaded. I appreciate the help, I know it is hard to diagnose not seeing things. Thanks

Mind screen sharing?

mdp802

Apr 12, 2011
Visit site
Need Help! Error Device not found

hello there,
i have try many times but it keep saying device not found error many time after phone and computer reboot. airsideloader 1.1 worked fine for me earlier.
Please someone help me to load apk on my mortorola atrix.

DeeDawg

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
Successes, And Problems:

I had a painless time last night installing SWM on my MacBook (with WinXP running in VMWare), and succeeded on the first try to use it to install SL4A (Scripting Layer For Android) on my AT&T Atrix. Very painless...many thanks for this nice tool!

But then I hit a problem. SL4A doesn't come with any interpreters, so you have to install them separately. I used SWM to install PythonForAndroid_r4.apk. SWM didn't give me any errors, but when I launched SL4A there was no Python interpreter to be found. So I went back to SWM and tried again to install. This time I received the error message: "pkg: /data/local/tmp/to_install.apk Failure: [INSTALL_FAILED_ALREADY_EXISTS]". So apparently SWM loaded the apk onto the Atrix, but -- guessing here -- either the package wasn't opened or else its files were installed in the wrong place(s)(?). This page says "The interpreter, interpreter extras, and example scripts (if available) will be downloaded to /sdcard/xxx.zip and then extracted to /data/data/com.googlecode.android_scripting/files/xxx, /sdcard/sl4a/extras/xxx, and /sdcard/sl4a/scripts respectively." I find no zip file in /sdcard, no 'extras' directory in /sdcard/sl4a, and no nothing in /sdcard/slra/scripts. Unfortunately, because I'm not rooted, I can't see whether there are any files in /data/data/com.googlecode.android_scripting/files (don't have permissions to view /data), but since SL4A isn't finding a Python interpreter I'm assuming they're not there.

Any suggestions will be greatly appreciated. I suppose I should root this phone, which would probably make troubleshooting a bit easier...but I've been out of the *nix game for the past 20 years or so, and its not like riding a bike, so I'm easing myself back into *nix administration before I go and grant myself a license to kill.

atlasdc

Jan 22, 2011
Visit site
EXCELLENT

A BIG thanks to DroidXcon, got a USB controller card and AC_SWM just smokes now. apk's load from any folder also. All people, allow Droid to help you, it will be worth it. Thanks again for all the help.

Reactions: DroidXcon

potnug52

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I have a windows 7 and a Xperia X8. I've had the phone for a week, and I'm new to this stuff. When I try to install the .apk, I get an error saying "device not found". I have no idea what to do. Maybe I don't have a driver, but I don't know how to install them...

The instructions tell you to have the phone in "Charge only" mode when connecting the device. I have the HTC Inspire and it was not recognized until I selected either HTC Sync or Disk Drive modes.

tsnum4

Apr 10, 2011
Visit site
2 thumbs up

Kudos to you!

I do not want to root my phone because I just want an occasional non-market app. I have a Motorola Atrix and had no issues (well, none once I connected my phone via USB hahahaha).

Now I can download YouTube videos. HOORAY!!! (apk here >>> EasyTube.me)

Thank you for a wonderful, simple solution.

mack3535

Apr 22, 2011
Visit site
android sideloader machine

I have been trying to install the android sideloader wonder machine and it keeps telling my that the website it comes from is not found??? please someone out there help me find this so i can use the program. thanks!

sdrum49

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
Unhandled Exceptio

I've tried to use the Sideload Wonder Machine to install an app on my Motorola Atrix, but I constantly get an error message that "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." and, yes, USB debugging is checked off in Development.
How do I get this to work?

DroidXcon

Oct 21, 2010
Visit site
I've tried to use the Sideload Wonder Machine to install an app on my Motorola Atrix, but I constantly get an error message that "Unhandled exception has occurred in your application." and, yes, USB debugging is checked off in Development.
How do I get this to work?

Please go to the OP and make sure you have .NET 4.0 framework
did you use the installer?
did you use the diagnostic tool?

sdrum49

Apr 25, 2011
Visit site
I uninstalled SWM and reinstalled it. This time it worked. Don't know why it didn't the first time, but it DOES seem to work with the Motorola Atrix?AT&T now.

egyptiangodset

Apr 27, 2011
Visit site
I seem to be having a really stupid issue (I hope)...I run the swm in both admin and non-admin modes (win7), and when I click the install button the command line opens. However, all it says is 'C:\AC_SWM>' with the flashing underscore after it...when I hit the troubleshoot button the same thing happens. Im pretty sure its not a phone issue since I have debugging on, the usb mode is set to 'none', and I have .NET Framework 4.0 installed. Can I get a bit of help please? I will root it if I have to, but the only reason I would want to is to side-load apps.