Android Folders

Vira

May 30, 2012
Visit site
I am thinking about getting a tablet (A200 is on the list right now) but I have never used an Android OS (or a tablet). I've always been a Windows user so I am a little concern.

My biggest concern is picture media. Am I able to create individual folders within folders to sort my pictures on Android? Is it something I could make a shortcut to on the home screen.

I have been trying to find out about this online, but the response always revolve aroung apps.

My second question in on the A200. I've read the specs saying that Micro SD cards can be used to increase my harddrive space. What happens if I connect my external harddrive (1TB)? The tablet wouldn't have to supply power to it as the external harddrive needs to be plugged into an outlet

Thank you.

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
The short answer to you first question is yes - you can organize your pictures by folder, but by default Android will only see folders which contain photos. If your folder structure was Photos->2012->Birthday->[pictures] you would only see the Birthday folder in the image gallery.

Alternatively, you could use a free app like Astro which is a file explorer. Astro basically works the same as Windows explorer.

I started using Android after only using Windows and Pocket PC and I have really enjoyed it. And the A200 is a solid tablet for the price. It's actually a bit underrated if you ask me.

Sent from my ICS Rezound using Android Central Forums

Vito2000

Oct 27, 2011
Visit site
To answer your second question, the A200 does have a full size USB port on it so you should be able to connect your hard drive to it, although the compatibility of any given external hard drive can't be guaranteed. You'll just have to try it out.

Sent from my ICS Rezound using Android Central Forums

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Andnnc