"Android is Upgrading"

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Verizon (SM-G900V) on the latest lollipop build (OE1). Whenever I have to switch on my phone from being powered off, it tells me "Android is Upgrading" ever since I did the latest update. Any suggestions on a fix for this?

Posted via the Android Central App

ironass

Mar 9, 2015
Visit site
I have a Samsung Galaxy S5 on Verizon (SM-G900V) on the latest lollipop build (OE1). Whenever I have to switch on my phone from being powered off, it tells me "Android is Upgrading" ever since I did the latest update. Any suggestions on a fix for this?

It sounds as though the phone is continually trying to update the apps from Dalvik to ART, something that is normally done just the once, after a firmware update. See #1.2 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. Try clearing the phone's cache partition as per #1.3 of the guide , to see if that solves your problem.

Ian Allish

Feb 27, 2015
Visit site
It sounds as though the phone is continually trying to update the apps from Dalvik to ART, something that is normally done just the once, after a firmware update. See #1.2 of S5 Lollipop Update Problems - Dummies Guide. Try clearing the phone's cache partition as per #1.3 of the guide , to see if that solves your problem.

Thanks for your quick response. I have already attempted to clear the cache and do a full wipe.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
saiid