Android L "star icon" ???

chezm

Trusted Member
Sep 19, 2014
Visit site
It was stated in a video I watched that the star represents notifications that have been suspended due to "do not disturb" new features in Lollipop

Posted via the Android Central App

someguy01234

Nov 9, 2011
Visit site
It is to indicate if you set "priority notifications" in the do not disturb mode. You can access this menu when you press the volume button.

Lavafreezer

Sep 21, 2012
Visit site
Hey everyone it's just the notification setting you have to press volume key and change from priority to all, star means you only are set to receive priority notification only

vicw926a4

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Wow. That is less than intuitive. Seems to me that Google should include a line when the Notifications are pulled down, showing the available options.

Pepe_1

Jan 3, 2015
Visit site
Another useless feature that took me days to figure out what was going on, as with the priority thing on, I was getting calls, yet the phone wasn't ringing, so, I kept missing the calls until I turned the phone on and saw a bunch of voice mail notices!! My phone was no more than two feet away from me, but unless I happened to be looking at it when a call was coming in, I'd keep missing them!!! What kind of improvement is that feature supposed to be??? Just more unneeded stress and aggravation every time they go and release updates with a bunch of new, but not necessarily better, or wanted features. Sure glad I finally got that fool thing figured out.

Cheers,

Pepe.

daerragh

Sep 4, 2013
Visit site
Yeah it took them several major Android releases to finally include quick toggles (wifi/3g etc.) in notofication drawer. But crappy features no one uses, you got it.

It's same as Microsoft does to Windows.

Victor Castro2

Mar 4, 2015
Visit site
I have to disagree.

I love the priority setting for notifications. If I am in class, I don't want the phone to ring. I have the setting set to only ring if it is one of my favorited contacts. It ties into my calendar too, so if I have a meeting or a class scheduled it will automatically turn to priority notifications for the duration of the meeting. It does take some configuring and that is not explained anywhere but once you have it set up it is very useful.

tonyr6

Nov 20, 2013
Visit site
Another useless feature that took me days to figure out what was going on, as with the priority thing on, I was getting calls, yet the phone wasn't ringing, so, I kept missing the calls until I turned the phone on and saw a bunch of voice mail notices!! My phone was no more than two feet away from me, but unless I happened to be looking at it when a call was coming in, I'd keep missing them!!! What kind of improvement is that feature supposed to be??? Just more unneeded stress and aggravation every time they go and release updates with a bunch of new, but not necessarily better, or wanted features. Sure glad I finally got that fool thing figured out.

Cheers,

Pepe.
I agree. My mother came up yesterday saying that my fathers phone was not ringing. We all have Nexus's 5's. It just showed a star icon and the phone would not ring but unless you looked at the screen it would show a call coming in. I had to go into the confusing notification buy hitting the volume and going though a few clicks to get it back on again. My mother and father could have never figured it out as they are not tech savvy.

Lee Taylor4

Apr 30, 2015
Visit site
The STAR icon is a PRIORITY icon. When you have the volume controls set for PRIORITY, it comes up. I just got a system update and hit priority. The star came up.

Tiffany Eberhart

Sep 6, 2016
Visit site
Hello,

does anyone know the "star icon"? I installed nothing. Yesterday the icon was there and today it's gone!

Anyone an idea?

Thanks

View attachment 142834

I have the Star icon, again and I have know idea how I got it? Also Why am I not able to send Or receive pictures by text or email this is unacceptable for the money that I am praying for each month $98.00 really can't accept pictures and I have to pay this amount truly and I have this Star icon again help me here

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dumbbunny