android messenger

patch8908

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
i was just thinking since so many phone companies are making android devices wouldnt it be a great idea to have an android messenger similar to the BBM that blackberries offer....just a thought

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
i was just thinking since so many phone companies are making android devices wouldnt it be a great idea to have an android messenger similar to the BBM that blackberries offer....just a thought

Google Talk is set up to run in the background and operates similar to BBM, except its a user name instead of a pin number. Its sweet, and operates cross platform :)

patch8908

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
Google Talk is set up to run in the background and operates similar to BBM, except its a user name instead of a pin number. Its sweet, and operates cross platform :)

i guess youre right but ive had my eris since november and ive never even opened the google talk app.

VDub2174

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Dec 28, 2009
Visit site
GTalk is a great app and I have a few people on my contacts list that I used BBM with. An android messenger would be awesome though.

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
BBM is pretty useless since it is closed. Now before you jump all over me for saying that it's true. If you don't have a Blackberry you are out of luck. Why not incorporate other IM clients such as AIM and Gtalk into it. Wouldn't hurt Blackberry.

patch8908

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
BBM is pretty useless since it is closed. Now before you jump all over me for saying that it's true. If you don't have a Blackberry you are out of luck. Why not incorporate other IM clients such as AIM and Gtalk into it. Wouldn't hurt Blackberry.
But in a way the other IM clients are closed themselves gtalk doesn't incorporated yahoo into it. I'm just saying sometimes it feels good to have something that nobody else has

Jeremy

Original Member
Oct 24, 2008
Visit site
But in a way the other IM clients are closed themselves gtalk doesn't incorporated yahoo into it. I'm just saying sometimes it feels good to have something that nobody else has

Not when you are the only one with a Blackberry. ;) Anyone can install Gtalk or AIM onto their device. That's what I'm trying to get at. Now if Blackbery offered BBM to other devices, then we can talk. :p

Jared DiPane

Feb 7, 2010
www.twitter.com
Not when you are the only one with a Blackberry. ;) Anyone can install Gtalk or AIM onto their device. That's what I'm trying to get at. Now if Blackbery offered BBM to other devices, then we can talk. :p

I agree 100% and had been a hardcore BB fan for years. The lack of support of BBM on other devices is rather unattractive. Take that away from BlackBerry's and take away push email on all email services, and the UI is way out dates and not very awesome.

freshnezzz#AC

Jan 28, 2010
Visit site
I don't see this as a big issue, yes gtalk could use attachments but android im client is not a good idea. IM is not that serious, I feel googles time could be better spent. In other areas

patch8908

Jan 11, 2010
Visit site
I agree 100% and had been a hardcore BB fan for years. The lack of support of BBM on other devices is rather unattractive. Take that away from BlackBerry's and take away push email on all email services, and the UI is way out dates and not very awesome.
I think the fact that bbm is exclusive to blackberries is what makes it so special. And after watching the demo for the new web browser on crackberry.com I think blackberries are gonna have a lot more to offer then just email and bbm.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
batni