Android N Preview 2

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
Got it last night. First impressions are that it seems smoother that the alpha. The dual window mode is much improved. I still think it will have only marginal value on phones but it's much easier to get into and our of then it was in the last build. They finally added a clear all to the history list, I don't know why they neglected to put it into M but better late then never. The button is at the top of the list, usually it's covered with cards but if you pull down the cards at the top of the screen it will appear.

App compatibility is the same, most apps work, a few don't. My list of non working apps is,

Free Adblock Browser, however Adblock Browser does work, aside for the name I don't know if there is any connection between the two.
Here Maps. Don't really care about this one. I have Sygic for off line navigation and it does work.
Brave. This is a new browser, it's really really incompatible, it takes over the whole screen, the only way to get rid of it is to reboot and then uninstall it.
FIOS Mobile, can't log in if save password is checked, but can log in when it's not checked. Get a network error when the box is set.
Wikipedia crashes a lot but it is usable. Experienced one event where it went into dual window mode on it's own and then crashed.

Everything else that I use works fine.

Day 2 update. I'm finding that it gets sluggish after a while which requires a reboot to fix. I've never seen that behavior on M.

Last edited:

phillymade

Mar 31, 2011
glennsilvasy.blogspot.com
So Amazon app store works and install apps as it should? Is it closer to being a daily or is it still glitchy? Data, camera, gps, wifi and Bluetooth working as they should?
I'm becoming more interested in this as it gets closer to beta 4, but not sold just yet.

Posted via the Android Central App

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the clear all on multitasking view, or the new folder icons on developer preview 2

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I don't have the clear all on multitasking view, or the new folder icons on developer preview 2

The Clear All in multitasking view gets hidden by the cards, drag the cards down and it will appear.

I think this is a design error, it should always be visible, I've complained using Feedback in teh About section, I suggest that everyone else file a complaint also. This is a beta so nows the time to complain.

Akuma

Sep 12, 2010
Visit site
The Clear All in multitasking view gets hidden by the cards, drag the cards down and it will appear.

I think this is a design error, it should always be visible, I've complained using Feedback in teh About section, I suggest that everyone else file a complaint also. This is a beta so nows the time to complain.

You were correct! Thanks! Any ideas on why I wouldn't be seeing the new folders?

Seremedy

Nov 24, 2014
Visit site
Definitely a daiky driver for me. Battery is beyter, performance seems a bit better, couple apple crashes, no big deal, few glitches that are easy to get out of. About it

bjrosen

Mar 19, 2011
Visit site
I haven't had a problem with battery life. The one serious problem is that it becomes really sluggish after a while necessitating a reboot once or twice a day.

Members online

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
triplacey